Microsoft released a firmware update for its Zune HD over the weekend. In addition to various bug fixes, firmware version 4.3 delivers new tweaks and features, such as support for 3D games and applications (which are rumored to arrive as early as November 17). According to the forum thread dedicated to the latest Zune HD firmware version, these are the changes:
- Support for the upcoming 3D games and applications.
- Auto Suggest feature for text input.
- Faster web browsing experience.
- Landscape keyboard.
- Keyboard option has been added in the settings section.
- New toggle between seek and presets under Radio.
- Under the Internet in settings, you can now toggle to default mobile or desktop webpage layout.
- Artists bios are updated; embedded links to other artists in text.
- Other bug fixes.
Ars Technica notes that the update is being rolled out slowly, but you should be able to download it via the Zune desktop software (Settings > Device > Player Update).