Brdr end program message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindwoman

Hi All,

I am having some problems with shutting down my computer. I am running Windows XP and when I try to shut down I get an error message, "ending program Brdr-please wait". Then it says, "program not responding, click the end now button".

Does anyone know what Brdr is? Also my internet speed is okay at first but it get progressively worse as I surf until my pages won't even load. I have to keep restarting and that seems to help for a while and then it slows down again. I have cable connection.

So far I have done all the usual things (updated and ran my antivirus, ran AVG, disc cleanup, defrag, remove cookies etc.). I did find a trojan and some adware when I ran AVG but I quarantined them.

This is really driving me crazy. I am paying for cable modeum but its performing more like dial up (at best).

Can someone help me?!

Debbie

I Don't Know About This...

Feeling very unsure of myself...lol! Is this something that someone with average computer knowledge should attempt? My family would throw me out if I messed up our computer!
I have a basic knowledge of the computer but definately not an intricate one. I scanned over the link you provided tmagic and it scares me to turn off all of my protection. What is the purpose of that?
I Got Sweaty Palms.

Debbie

Ok Debbie,
I understand your position. Your computer is still infected, so it will get slower and slower until it crashes totally. Is there someone you know who could follow these instructions? If you don't do this, it could lead to total loss of data and you will have to reload the OS and start fresh.

"I scanned over the link you provided tmagic and it scares me to turn off all of my protection. What is the purpose of that?"...

You are already infected, your "protection" is now useless. You must do every instruction exactly as it is presented. This procedure works most of the time. It is worth trying. It can't hurt

Oh Goodness, that sounds serious! I do have a guy that my office uses. He charges an arm and a leg though...lol! I think I will study the procedures and maybe try it myself.
One question, I have alot of pictures in my documents. Would it be safe to back them up to a disc? I mean, once I finish this clean up and reload the pictures will the infection come back?
Oh boy am I nervous about this!
Debbie

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that this computer was given to us by someone and Windows XP was already loaded on it. What I mean to say is, I have no disc for that should I need to reformat. So if I booger something up, I don't know how I'd reload the OS.

You can back up your pictures to disk, but make sure the computer is clean and free of nasties and that you have a good antivirus, antispyware/malware protection working before you try to put the pictures back on the system.

It really will be much easier to try and follow the instructions I gave you. Reloading the operating system should be the last resort.

What antivirus/malware programs were you using?

Brdr

Hi,

My PC is also infected with Brdr - and I am battling with it. My Trend Micro PC-Cillin software is fully active - and keeps telling me that every day new spyware and trojans arrive (and kills it). At least ! I purchased "spyhunter" - and this tools claims to find spy software which PC-Cilin don't seem to recognize. Brdr is still there. This is the current status. So, I can remove all dangerous trash everyday - but Brdr also slows down my system. Sooner or later I might re-install Windows XP after formatting the disk drive.

Regards
tallmike196

Hi Tmagic, I had a "situation" here at home and havent really done anything on my computer. This has been on my mind though.
As to the programs I was using- my internet providers security suite (which I updated frequently), Ad-Aware and my Windows firewall. Thought that was enough because I am very careful with my email and only visit trusted sites. My Ad-Aware is what caught the trojan. I quarenteed it but it kept coming back. Then the brdr program at shut down started.
I know I need to do something. I will print out the instructions you provided and try and do this myself. I just need to find some time to focus. I read the article on the link page you provided about deciding whether to clean or reformat. I do online banking and bill paying so that kind of scares me. I mean, how will I know its really gone and my system is clean?
Got to go for now but will keep you updated!
Debbie

Ok Debbie,
don't worry too much about the on-line banking and bill paying. They are pretty secure, but always keep and eye on your accounts to notice anything out of the ordinary quickly.

Take your time with the instructions. One thing about the modern trojan viruses is that they "open" doors to let destructive programs into your system. Once the trojan is gone, the damage has most often already happened. The instructions will recognize this damage and get rid of the "nasties" left behind. If your system still runs slow after doing all this, you will have to reformat and reload the operating system.

Good Luck

Tmagic650 said:
Sorry to tell you this Debbie, but your system is still infected... Follow these steps very carefully, and post your results as directed. Good luck:

https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updated-4-step-viruses-spyware-malware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

tallmike196,
you might look through this too ;)

Just wanted to check in. I finally have got some free time to work on this sick computer! You were right tallmike, its getting worse. Random restarts, failed restarts and all kinds of surfing probs. I just noticed in my startup menu, two new programs. One is TA_Start and the other is Think-Adz. When I go into my add/remove programs, I don't see them listed. They could be named something else though. I don't know.
Feeling very nervous about this whole thing...lol! I know I have to do it but I worry that something will go wrong and I won't be able to get on this site for help. I don't suppose you would message me a number for an emergency like that mike?
Anyways, I will study the procedure tonight and get started first thing in the morning. I will be by myself then and I can focus!!
Thanks for the good luck wishes. I'm going to need them!
Debbie

Does this whole procedure need to be done in succession? What I mean is all in one sitting, from start to finish.
Also, does disabling all your real time monitoring include any XP programs? I have a security suite that came with my cable connection (which was udderly useless durning all of this) and I have Ad-Aware. Those are the only 2 that I know of. Someone else set up my cable connection though and I don't know what they did. I just didnt know if windows had some real time monitoring of its own running.

Hi Kindwoman.
I got rid of Brdr. There is software available - called PREVX 2.0 , which did the job. If you don't want to use it, you maybe could remove the problem manually. The BAD files are: c:\windows\system32\ksdsrngn.exe
gmzrotate.dll and nsz14.dll . The dll's are called by the programs you found (Think-Adz, ...) . You cannot delete the dlls while the programs are running. STRG-ALT-DEL opens Task Manager - there the exe files can be stopped, then the dlls can be deleted. It should work, I didn't do it like this because I didn't realize that Think-Adz & Co. were the problem at that time.
Regards tallmike196

Kindwoman said:
Does this whole procedure need to be done in succession? What I mean is all in one sitting, from start to finish.
Also, does disabling all your real time monitoring include any XP programs? I have a security suite that came with my cable connection (which was udderly useless durning all of this) and I have Ad-Aware. Those are the only 2 that I know of. Someone else set up my cable connection though and I don't know what they did. I just didnt know if windows had some real time monitoring of its own running.

Yes follow the instructions in order presented. The software that was installed when your Cable was setup is useless and it can conflict with any other good protection software. My cable Internet company tried to put their protection on my system, and I was able to talk them out of doing it. It contained "Spyware" and I have removed it from several friends systems...

One more thing, you can remove BRDR, using TallMike's advice, but your system may still be "infected" and very slow

Havent gotten started yet. I'm such a chicken...lol! I like tallmikes idea. I dont know how to recognize the running stuff on my task manager thou. I have attached it in the hopes you could tell me what I should stop. Hope you can read it okay.

Debbie

okay, I cant upload the pics. Says files too large. I'll try and post them on here. just a sec....

Okay, I cant figure out how to post. Anybody got an email addy?

Figured it out. Can you take a look:

1stsreenshotpic.jpg

Secondscreenshotpic.jpg

Thirdscreenshotpic.jpg

Hi Debbie, from my system - the BAD exe's twintldt.exe and dwdsrngt.exe were removed, plus the dynamic link libraries nsz14.dll and gzmrotate.dll . Can you see the exe files in your task manager ?

tallmike, I don't see any one of those in my task manager. I took some screen shots of my manager because I'm afraid I don't know what most of that stuff listed is...lol! Can you read it?

Okay, somebody please help me out. I did a scan using PREVX and it found a bad file called C:\WINDOWS\windows32\kldsrngm.exe Now what do I do to get rid of it? HELP!

PS I see it now in my task manager!!! What do I do?

Without going into full details (I dont have time, I have to go get me some new protection)! I wanted to post what REMOVEIT PRO V4 found on my computer. This is still in reference to the "Brdr" message at shut down.
Here are the extensions (think thats what theyre called):
dwdsrngt.exe
kldsrngm.exe
msnav32.exe
twinmldt.exe
winpfz32.exe
FunWebProducts

Just incase this can help anyone else. The REMOVEIT worked like a charm!

Thanks again to Tmagic650 for all his help!

Okay, I installed Avast and selected the option to scan on reboot. My computer then rebooted and stopped in the middle of reboot and Avast started to scan everything. It took a long time some things did come up. I took a screen shot of the things in my avast chest. Are they quarenteed now or do I have to remove them myself?
AvastVirusChest10-6-07.jpg

Also, the TA_Start & Think-Ads are still in my programs list. I don't see them in the add/remove programs in my control panel. Is it safe to just right click them and select delete? Will that get rid of them totally?

Okay, I'm feeling much better about this but need to know what to do with the stuff in my avast chest.

Thanks

Those files are nothing to worry about, just leave them or see if you can add them to an "exceptions" list

Okay, so avast thought they were viruses but theyre not? Also, please advise on the two programs still on my start up list. TA_Start & Think-Ads.

Thanks (I've learned alot!)
Debbie

ps computer is running alot faster and no brdr message on reboot!!! Yea!

Tmagic, I went to the site you provided. The first step asks me to open my task manager, go to processes and select the file "dwdsregt.exe". That file is not in my task manager. I looked very carefully. So now what do I do?

And what is ComboFix?

Should I try HijackThis?

So I can just delete the TA-Start and Think Ads from my start up programs list?

Going to Combofix now.

Thanks

ps thats the "procedure page" from the beginning of this thread. I have to do all that stuff too? I don't know what "real time monitoring" programs-other than my virus protectors (Avast, Ad-Aware & RemoveIt). Is there any more I should disable, other than those? Like any Windows stuff etc?

I think your ok Debbie. You can leave things as they are after running combofix. Be sure to disable System Restore first. I always leave it disabled myself...

"So I can just delete the TA-Start and Think Ads from my start up programs list?"...

yes, if they come back in a few days, you still have problems. If they don't return, you're clean

"Is there any more I should disable, other than those? Like any Windows stuff etc?"...

No, you're ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back