BSOD Vista Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll post any findings here, and keep my status updated for future help seekers.
-
at least the bsod's are not as prevalent as they were when we started.

no response from biostar ...ugh
-
i reinstalled all their drivers, one at a time, and the bsod's seemed to stop after the chipset drivers were reinstalled.
however, after reinstalling their audio and nic drivers the bsod's have gotten worse.
-
this is a new install of vista home premium 64, and i am contemplating wiping the drive and starting again anew. just hope i didn't get a bad mobo or cpu. what are the odds?
wonder if newegg will let me rma the board for a different brand, biostar seems to have dropped the ball...so to speak.
-
minis attached, however, probably more of the same

Before returning this board go to the motherboard forums here and tell them of your issues especially about how the chipset drivers are stable but what happens with the audio and nic drivers.

Personally, I think this is a Vista 64 issue but Biostar should by now have the correct drivers to work with Vista 64.

Also, I could not open your minidump Zip. Try agai or just attech each one seperately non-zip.

route44,
you are very helpful, thanks again.
wish the files weren't larger than 200K, then i wouldn't need to zip!

Unfortunately all three errors are 0x124 and all they list are Windows core drivers.

When you downloaded the audio and NIC drivers were they the ones from Biostar? Who makes the drivers for Biostar, RealTek, C-Media, D-Link, etc.?

i was reading reviews for the motherboard on the newegg site here
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16813138128
-
there was some consensus that the voltage needed to be manually changed to equal 1.35v for the cpu. I did this and played through a deathmatch round of Unreal Tournament 3, and some Left for Dead; which both caused freeze ups and bsods previous to voltage changes.
-
I will update here with a summary of steps after the machine has uptime of 24hours or more.

I didn't see your other thread before but raybay is a person who has been in this business for years. If it is the voltage and it works out that will be another valuable piece of information for this error. It would also make sense.

conclusion

since the changing of the voltage to the CPU from 1.15v to 1.34v (+.215v), i have not received a hardware error BSOD. Before changing the voltage, I couldn't launch Prime 95(http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=205) without getting a BSOD as soon as the application performed its self test.

Now, after the change, I can run benchmark test, and also a stress test.
For the future system builders who read this blog, or the general knowledge seeker, I will summarize the steps I took to get the components listed previously in this thread to "play well" together.
-
1.installed Vista Home Premium 64bit, updated the bios for my motherboard with the update utility for the Biostar TA790GX A2+, then reinstalled windows (windows didn't like the bios update, so i just reinstalled windows)
-
2. next I updated any driver I could think of, in this order
a)ATI GPU drivers for my Raedon HD 4670
b) NIC and sound drivers from Realtek site
c) chipset and and any non-NIC, non-display, non-sound drivers from Biostar(NOTE: the Biostar DRivers weren't used for the NIC and sound, because they were older versions at the time)
-
3. changed the voltage to the CPU from 1.15v to 1.34v (i can't take credit for this idea, i found the suggestion here. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=False&VendorMark=&Keywords=(keywords)&Page=2)
-
I have received 1 BSOD since the voltage change and it was due to my ATI display driver, but since I removed my readyboost usb stick, and haven't gotten another. I also updated the driver with a hotfix that I have come to realize doesn't apply to my card.(I need to be a better reader :))
------------------------------------------------

Great! it sounds like you gained stability. And the thing that resolved your issue goes to show this 0x124 error can be due to a myriad of things.

Just wanted to say thank you again for all your help, and the Techspot forums just took the place at the top of my bookmark list!

BSOD vista, T61, please help me understand the cause

I am new to this site. It looks like there are some very sharp members. I have a T61 Lenovo, with Vista 32 business. It works for a while, and then I start getting BSOD every nite. I think it is related to some conflict between: sleep, firefox, and mozy. I've updated to firefox 3.0.7, I have the latest mozy application. I am attaching all the error/dump files associated with the latest BSOD. I sure would be most appreciative if someone can decipher the cause.

Thanks,
Ralph

Ralph, for future postings it is best that you start your own thread rather than resurrecting an old one because 1) you'll receive quicker replies for 2) people will think you are replying to the OP.

That being said your error is 0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode.

The driver cited as the probable cause is NETw5v32.sys and it belongs to your Intel Wireless WiFi Link Adapter. Update your drivers for your Wireless adapter/card by going to Lenovo's website and finding your particular model. Find the drivers you need and install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back