Overview of user ranks?

RealBlackStuff

Just wondering if there is a list of all the Ranks the members of this forum go through, and what are the criteria (e.g. how many posts, or quality of the posts, or whatever...

Taken from -> TechSpot Forums - Community & Posting Guidelines

TS Forums Rankings

When you register to TS Forums you will be designated a custom title, these were created with the only purpose of giving you that special feeling when you join our community and as you spend more time around how you can grow and learn with it. No preference nor discrimination or offense should be taken regarding titles; you can feel free to ignore them if you don’t like them.

First titles given to users are managed by the forum software and are based on your post count:

• Newcomer in training: Self-explanatory.
  • TechSpot Member: Registered members with 50+ posts.
  • TechSpot Enthusiast: Registered members with 350+ posts.
  • TechSpot Booster: Registered members with 600+ posts.
  • TechSpot Addict: Registered members with 950+ posts.

This second tier of user titles is given manually:

• TechSpot Paladin: “A strong supporter or defender of a cause”. In order to qualify for the Paladin title, a user must have been registered to the forums for over 1 year and must have remained in good standing. It’s not guaranteed you will be given the Paladin title by just fulfilling these requirements however.
  • TechSpot Chancellor: In order to qualify for this title, the user must have been registered to the forums for at least 2 years and must have remained in good standing. It’s not guaranteed you will be given the Chancellor title by just fulfilling these requirements however.
  • TechSpot Ambassador: In order to qualify for this title, a user must have been registered to the forums for at least 3 years and must have remained in good standing. It’s not guaranteed you will be given the Ambassador title by just fulfilling these requirements however.

Out of curiosity has anyone ever been knighted a Paladin, Chancellor, or Ambassador?

Out of curiosity has anyone ever been knighted a Paladin, Chancellor, or Ambassador?

I have seen a few of the older members with those titles....BTW, I had better get the
'Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe' Title in a about 150 posts :p

haha, i just noticed i reached "ts maniac" ranking recently... imo that kinda just makes me sound insane or implies that i light things on fire lol

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention (after many, many years).

The good news is, we are about to take up again on the use of special titles. In addition to that we will allow custom-titles for the very first time. Stay tuned.

I have to ask- is this a serious topic or a spoof? I am asking a serious question.

Its serious Bobbye. I just asked out of curiosity and for no other reason but it seems our mods are serious.

I've gone from evangelist to ambassador which I just noticed. By the way, you are my first nominee for a title change (and there are certainly others) for what its worth.. You've helped so many people here.

I'm mildly surprised that Bobbye, as a moderator, isn't identified as such or doesn't have a special title. The same would apply to Broni. They both have carried regular titles.

Those are nice things to say! But I'm not into titles- they are not a necessary part of my life> which was why I asked 'serious or spoof.' I like what I'm doing- that's all I need.

Back