I used to have hair, but I have pulled it all out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone and hopfully someone looking at this post can help me because after 2 weeks and countless late nights wiping blood from my brow I am left with a machine that is a load better but still has issues...ok here I go

Spec:

Giga-byte GA-K8N-SLI mobo new
amd 64 x2 3800+ new
xpert vision g-force 7600gt (from previous comp)
4 x 512 ddr pc 3200. (from previous comp) (soon to be 2 x 1gig pc 4000)
1 x seagate barracuda 160 gig (from previous comp)
1 x hitachi death star 250 gig ( i know but you will see why in the story) new
colorsit 550watt psu (new)
windows Vista Premium (full) new

after having a lot little problems with installig windows I finaaly had a working machine with vista on....but there is a number of things that is happening to my machine.

1. blue screen woth the following error codes:
0x00000124
0x851af5ao
oxb2000000

2: at random times, the signal from the lcd screen goes and the computer is still running but the chip light remains on ( this happens more than the blue screen 8:1 it also happens whilst the system is idle and when im working.

3. 2 times I have had a warning stating that one of the graphics drivers has stopped responding.

4. i ran diag program and it said i had a AMDK6-DRX-BUG.

please can someone help, i am not an expert by any means but i do have basic knowledge.

Many thanks.

yeah, after many many phone calls to microsoft and many many error reports they have finally aggreed to refund my money, which I was completely surprised at(but who am I to complain). I will have to wait and see if that solves the final problem or two....a faulty power cable was to blame cause of a lot of the problems I was having.

Down with Vista...long live Rogaine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back