Fierfox bookmarks question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TONY85

ok ever since I installed the new firefox every time i open it brings up the firefox updated tab.
I recently had a viruse problem and Have installed spyware and a firewall.
now firefox ofren delays responding or stops responding completely.
eg. I might type a full line of text here and have to wait a few seconds for it to appear.

I wanted to uninstall it completely and then reinstall it from scratch but I want to ask if there is a way I can do this without loosing my bookmarks

ok I think I have found a way.
you go to organise bookmarks
then file/ export
and it is saves as an ie page with your bookmarks
I suppose to get them back i will need ti import them
so it wont be too hard
hopfully this will fix my problem

Tony, when there is a current update, Firefox alerts you. After you install the update, you will get a page telling you the the FF update has been installed. Just close that Window. The update notice comes when you launch FF and if you accept the update, you should not get that pop-up again-until there is another update. The update is done before your current launch brings FF up. Are you letting the system go ahead and do the update?

As for your security, you should have a current anti-virus program, a firewall and at least two-more is better-spyware/adware programs

I cant remember exactly what I had done that day. i think that i had clicked on one of the addon prompts. and then i couldent get rid of that tab it kept comming back.
i didn't have this problem when i updated on other machines.

anywy i reinstalled it now but ut first i couldnt delet it completely i had to go into safe mode and delete a mozilla folder in application data.

now it s working fine and importing the bookmarks was pretty simple

I'm not sure what you did, but am glad you're working. If you're look up Mozilla Firefox in All Programs, hover the mouse over it and you will see 'Mozilla Safe Mode' as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back