Problems viewing downloaded pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlethumper

I had problem viewing my downloaded pictures. I tried to upgrade and download a windows photo gallery, but still wont show my pictures.
I would appreciate any help or suggestions!

What is the problem?
What are you doing?
What happens?
What did you try to 'upgrade'?

I had a picture taken from my webcam, i kept it on my picture forlders and named it Quickcam 'coz its from my webcam taken. Then i want to moved it on my photoshop for editing, i couldnt view it anymore. I mean,whenever i click to view it doesnt show any picture at all, so i tried to download photo gallery from windows, it wouldnt work at all. I wonder why?

I don't know what the file extension is for webcams pics- if they're other than the usual jpeg for instance.

But you should be able to open the photo program> go to File> New> browse to the location and choose the picture for editing. Windows Photo Gallery is a photo management, tagging, and editing tool that is included in Windows Vista.

I see this 'upgrade' mentioned: An upgraded version of Photo Gallery released under the Windows Live brand known as Windows Live Photo Gallery which can be downloaded from Windows Live Installer and also runs on Windows XP includes new features viewing color histogram of an image, panoramic stitching and auto-tagging during importing and also the ability to share photos by uploading them to Windows Live Spaces or Flickr.

This might be part of the problem: From Wiki: Windows Photo Gallery uses the Windows Imaging Component framework, that can be used by any codec to integrate with the image handling capabilities of the operating system and other applications that use WIC. Windows Vista ships with codecs for common formats like BMP, JPG, PNG, TIFF and HD Photo. However, GIF images do not appear in the gallery.

It may be that the webcam doesn't save to a file extension handled by this program.

I started with the portable (last year)
And have then decided to download the exe
But some Antivirus/Firewalls stop exe, so therefore download the zip !

In the settings area:

I have removed the "show filename" in viewer tab
I have associated all filetypes (you know bmp; jpg and lots more) with the program
I set the default open directory to C:\ (but normally it's "My Pictures" folder)

I then removed all recent tracks (history) in the program

I then opened: C:\Program Files\FastStone Image Viewer folder, and right clicked on HisFolderList.db, and made it read only attribute (this stops any history of last viewed pic)

I then right clicked on FSViewer.db, and made it read only attribute (only after it did it's first build) (this stops all the pics being cached, kinda like thumbs.db)

Then I used the program :grinthumb

That's ok

It's not nice for everyone to see your last tracks

By the way do you like it? I suspect yes

It's incredible how you can single click to maximize
And all the side popup menus Brillant :grinthumb

Hey, its awesome kimsland...you rock there kiddo! I sure do liked it. Now, everythings working great. Thanks for the big help!

You are really a tech guru;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back