Battlefield 2 Blue Screen crash only in multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellofello420

I just bought BF2 yesterday, installed it, and downloaded the 1.03 patch. I played in single player mode to get a feel for it and it was freakin awesome. Then I went to try the multiplayer mode, got on to a server and I played for like 2 minutes before getting shot up and then the screen turned blue. I rebooted my computer and restarted the game, but now when I join a server it automatically crashes. I heard this was the best place for tech support. What's the deal? Anyone else experience the same problem. Could it be that I need to install all the patches instead of just v1.03? I have Far Cry and I always play on line. Please, if anyone can help I'm dying to play online and get ranked.
Thanks
Bruce D. :confused:

Here it is uninstall game reinstall without gamespy arcade they load lots of trojans and spyware with the install so use adaware, spybot search & destroy and run a registry cleaner make sure its one from a reputable company, Symantec systemworks is what I use and that will solve your problem my buddy had same problem I would never allow gamespy on my gaming pc or buy any game powered by gamespy again, I play HL2, Doom3, Farcry and Quake 4 now and never had problems but BF2 even with patch is stil very buggy go figure.

Here is my setup:

amd 64 4000+ 1 meg cache
Fatal1ty a8n sli
2 gb pc 3200
2 BFG Geforce 7800 gt oc
600w power supply
Maxtor 200 gb sata
xp pro

Hopefully I was of some help to you!
JerseyDevil

I un installed game, then ran ad aware and spybot, defrag and disk cleanup, and then re installed, repatched, updated punkbuster, and installed 2 new sticks of 512mb Kingston ram. Still get the blue screen crash in multiplayer. Singleplayer still works though, but it gets a little boring playing the computer. I'm kind of over it, but I'm going to hold on to this game till the next patch.

Wow, yet again another unsatisfied customer of BF2 due to compatibility issues! Just in case did you update your video drivers? Did you pray to the Gods of FPS and promise never to buy another FPS ever again if BF2 works when you reinstalled? There's your problem!

What's your rig specs? I'm curious if this is a Pentium or an AMD thing or an ATI or nvidia thing...or a combination (Pentium with nvidia video, etc.) OR this game just sucks bad for DX9.0, 3DNOW and video driver compat.

Yes, I updated to 5.10 ati catalyst driver and creative sb live is up to date as well. Dell Dimension P4, winxp sp2, 1.8ghz, 1g ram 80g & 160g hd, ati radeon 9500, directx 9.0, RoadRunner ISP.

Well the Radeon 9500 can be either 64Mb or 128Mb and I don't think the 128Mb will be enough for this game let alone the 64MB. BF2 is a very graphics intensive game, all sorts of post on this site about BF2 probs and mostly it's about driver compatability issues, but some ppl just don't have enough graphics power to run this game. Maybe when on-line the CPU is overworked that little bit more because it is over worked refreshing the 128Mb video RAM. (just a thought). Also try updating your mobo chipset drivers. Down load Prime95 and see how long your comp last before error. This will give you an idea of how stable your system is in general. (this is not video test, just CPU, HDD and RAM).

I have a GeF6600GT, with 256Mb PCI-E and I'm nervous about buying this game with the posted probs there are.

I have the 128mb radeon, but thats not good enough huh? Also, where do I go to update mobo driver? Dell website maybe? How do I find out what mobo i have? noobie

Do a google search for CPU-Z, it's freeware, it will tell you everything about your computer hardware you ever wanted to know and more. I use it, most everyone member here does I imagine.

What you what to know is the mobo manufacture, then go to their site., also you need the chipset version . It would look something like i865P for Northbridge and 82801 for southbridge. But most manufactures list it by Northbridge only and revision (ie, A2)

All this would be found on the "mainboard" tab of CPU-Z. Update chipset drivers is just as important as updating the video drivers themselves. In fact it's the Northbridge chipset that does all the talking to the video card, so if the driver is out of date..who knows what can lag.

Cheers, :)

kirock said:
Do a google search for CPU-Z, it's freeware, it will tell you everything about your computer hardware you ever wanted to know and more. I use it, most everyone member here does I imagine.

What you what to know is the mobo manufacture, then go to their site., also you need the chipset version . It would look something like i865P for Northbridge and 82801 for southbridge. But most manufactures list it by Northbridge only and revision (ie, A2)

All this would be found on the "mainboard" tab of CPU-Z. Update chipset drivers is just as important as updating the video drivers themselves. In fact it's the Northbridge chipset that does all the talking to the video card, so if the driver is out of date..who knows what can lag.

Cheers, :)

Hey m8, i have the exect samt problem, but i cant really understand this..

maybe you could help me 2?, sry my english is not that good, Icelandic:p

Hextor, do you know what motherboard you have? You can try updating the chipset drivers. Also update the video card drivers. Go to the website of each manufacture to get the driver package. They are self installing.

kirock said:
Hextor, do you know what motherboard you have? You can try updating the chipset drivers. Also update the video card drivers. Go to the website of each manufacture to get the driver package. They are self installing.

Actually i dont, so you know of any program i could maybe download to see what i have?

HI all!!! I'm Italian, so it's difficult for me to explicate all things... so... I have a problem in Bf2 like mellofello420: It crashes only in multiplayer... i've set to minimum all settings in dxdiag and in game settings, i have a notebook with Ati mobility 9700 128, 2x2.8GHz cpus, 512 MB Ram, and all updated drivers.
I have a 4 Mbit adsl connection.
It is the problem: when i try to play multiplayer... i can for a few minutes... the game is so fast (graphics, audio, etc...) but suddenly it returns to windows with no error messages....
I have no ideas...
Do you have some ideas?
Thanks!!!

^^^^ you might need a better modem or router that allows more mbps, i had this problem with star craft. i just got a better router and it fixed my problem but whether or not it will fix yours im not sure.

shindmar said:
HI all!!! I'm Italian, so it's difficult for me to explicate all things... so... I have a problem in Bf2 like mellofello420: It crashes only in multiplayer... i've set to minimum all settings in dxdiag and in game settings, i have a notebook with Ati mobility 9700 128, 2x2.8GHz cpus, 512 MB Ram, and all updated drivers.
I have a 4 Mbit adsl connection.
It is the problem: when i try to play multiplayer... i can for a few minutes... the game is so fast (graphics, audio, etc...) but suddenly it returns to windows with no error messages....
I have no ideas...
Do you have some ideas?
Thanks!!!
It is probly your Ram you need about 1 gig Ram to play the game succesfully i have 894 MB of ram and mine crashes mysteriously once in a while only thing that isnt up to date with BF2 =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back