Need Some Effin Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanAU

I have been typing on this forum forever trying to figure out why my computer would randomly freeze during start up after logging onto Windows XP. I was paying close attention to me tower and right when a noise in my computer made either a slight beep or clicking noise my computer froze. Does this mine my mobo could be overclocked or something?

Do you get a black screen? do you have a series of beeps or just the one? because if the screen goes black and you have a series of beeps it could indicate a ram/ graphics/ drive problem.try an hard drive test...

Well sometimes it goes black and puts me at a blue screen of death (machine check exception..sometimes it just straight up freezes my desktop and thats it. and im pretty sure its just the one beep. I think I tested my ram before and its fine..i think i also checked my video card but not sure..but how can i run these tests if they just freeze as soon as windows pops up.

Also, whenever i format my pc its fine for well over a month then gets into freezing again.

does your computer freeze when it says "loading personal settings"

try booting in safe mode

if you get on to your computer on safe mode.. then do the following;

1. Disk clean up
2. DO a virus scan

Also you can try a system restore if none of them work...

Have you got antivirus software installed? LIke Avg free edition?

too bad i cant get into safe mode because i have a freakin USB keyboard...guess ill need t oborrow someone who has a desktop with a mouse port...umm it randomly freezes at different times as **** is loading or even after its loaded. I dont think i have a virus scanner but theres no reason to i dont have any fraudulent programs or visit sites that may contain them

ok.... well let me know if you can get onto your desktop in safe mode a.s.a.p
the reason i asked if you had a virus scanner like avg is because sometimes they can course it too crash...... have you got another h.d.d you can try?

This thread is a bastillion of how not to do things. Thread is locked. Try again, after reading the guidelines in my signature, if you still need help.

Jase123 you are at fault here too, you have a thread where I had to edit out your bold on 4 occations, AFTER asking you in my first reply to read the guidelines. Which covers everything that was done wrong in both threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back