BSOD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

phper

I've been getting BSOD ONLY with Vista... I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 on:

HD3850
X2 3800+
2GB DDR2-667
MSI K9VGM-V
380W Antec
80GB WD ATA-133

it happens randomly, too randomly to pinpoint the exact problem, so I wrote the code down:

0x00000123 stop error physical memory dump. I searched it on google and to avail a few people fixed it by over-clocking, I'm not sure if they over-clock their memory or CPU though, also I don't like over-clock, anyone wanna help me figure this out? I can give any information needed.

I'm also concerned about my CPU's voltage:

it's reading 1.27 right now which seems high concidering people with the Q6600 have around 1.27 X_X. Also what settings in the BIOS goes with RAM and CPU over-clocking?

heres a picture of cpu-z if that helps:

99552022wi7.jpg

kk

here they are...
im not overclocking, if I have to OC my system to run vista ill go back to XP.

Attachments

• Mini061408-01.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Mini061508-01.zip
    17.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini061508-02.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 5
so can u guys read that and tell me whats up? im about 10 minutes from installing Windows XP Professional SP2...

ok you tell me to post minidump info and yet nobody knows how to read it? I know how to open it, but the program I use is so confusing and I can't be bothered spending 1 week finding out if someone here can read it in 5 minutes.

also I just checked CPU-Z and for some reason my voltages are from 1.04 - 1.14... wtf? they lowered a lot?? all I did was reset bios.

The people who come here and help are all volunteers. They come as they can and they help as they can if time permits.

That being said all your errors are 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

The description is a fatal hardware error.

Read this link and see if any of the suggestions help you.

http://74.55.96.66/vb/topic105700.html

Inside the 3 MiniDumps:
BugCheck 124, {0, 845af028, b6000000, 181}
Probably caused by : hardware
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BugCheck 124, {0, 83ec1298, b6000000, 181}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BugCheck 124.
Probably caused by : hardware

I read that thread... what Driver fault? I have newest ones, I also tried old ones, any suggestions? also, how can it be caused by hardware if Windows XP runs fine and games run fine, it always halts so randomly. It's deffinately a vista problem, could be drivers but I don't know what?

Ok, can anyone help me find the old drivers??

I need:

Windows Vista ATI Catalyst 7.12v
Windows Vista MSI K9VGM-V older then whats out.

I'll roll em back and see what happens

NVM, I isntalled old drivers I used before I started getting BSOD and ran memtest ALL night with NO errors... what can this be guys?

What programs do you have running? (The names of them)
Antivirus?
Firewall?
Alcohol (virtual memory programs)?
Bittorent (Download Shareware managers)?
SP1?

Also have you got onboard Video?
Have you tried without the addon Video card?
Has CMOS defaults been loaded?
Is the Video Ram size set to 64Meg in CMOS?
Have you tried with any USB externals disconnected?

The MiniDumps above were very general (once checked) have you got any more to attach?

Have you actually removed the old Video drivers? Then re-installed?
Have you tried re-seating the Ram (even though tested ok)
Is all internal dust removed (especially around Ram and CPU)

That might keep you going a bit?

The last option, would be to re-install Windows clean, that way you will be able to confirm that it's hardware.

I've reinstalled windows clean server times with different versions as well, I reinstalled onboard audio and video drivers as well as chipset... I have not reset the CMOS or checked video ram but I think it's set to 256MB. I am using SP1 of Vista and yes I have Utorrent. No firewall or AV.

It didn't do this before so i've allready determined it's not hardware.

Vista does use a heck of a lot more of every resource, so by doing this, it can still be hardware related.
Regarding your CMOS settings again, please set the video ram to 64 (I know this would seem strange) But in actual fact Windows determins your video card, not CMOS. Therefore setting it to 64meg, will allow CMOS to allocate less resource to the original startup of the card; and sometimes stopping BSODs in Windows due to this.

Utorrent is usually not an issue, depending upon what is being downloaded (obviously) If you are searching then downloading shared data (like games, music; other!) then you could also be downloading spyware and malicious files. But given the installs done, I'll say not this.

The other option was to temporarily disconnect any PCI device (like video card; modem; sound card) and test again without any addons.

Please try those two:
64Meg
No addon cards

I hardly doubt Vista uses that much more resources as for XP not ever doing this... The reason I state that also is because before a recent format it never did this leading me to believe it's just driver related.

I would use my onboard video but for some reason it does not work... I will give the 64meg option a shop but I HIGHLY doubt it's that due tot he fact Vista DID work fine before a recent format... that's basically what I am going off of and that's why I think it's driver caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back