Not open for further replies.

primox

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.6 Ghz FSB 1333 12MB
M/b: Gigabyte GA-EX38T-DQ6 Socket 775
RAM: (2x) 1GB Mushkin Extreme XP3-12800 DDR3 1600
GPU: nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB GDDR3 PCI-e
PSU: 750w Aero Cool Horse Power
HDD: Samsung 500GB SATA, Seagate 500GB SATA

I've running this system for some weeks without any problems. However, last monday I had a BSOD. I didn't gave it too much importance, but today I've got another BSOD.

I don't know where can be the problem. The hardware is apparently working fine according to windows control panel.

The error reported by windows is:

Code:
BCCode:	19
BCP1:	00000020
BCP2:	975D5488
BCP3:	975D5C80
BCP4:	0AFF0803

I have attached the dump information. I would like to ask you if somebody can please take a look at it.

I've spent a lot of money in that hardware, and I'm worried about this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Inside the 1 MiniDump:
BugCheck 19, {20, 975d5488, 975d5c80, aff0803}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 8214c868
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 8212c420

Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe
Please run Memtest on your Ram

But this could be just the mere fact that you haven't restarted for 2 days!

kimsland said:
Inside the 1 MiniDump:

Please run Memtest on your Ram

But this could be just the mere fact that you haven't restarted for 2 days!

Hi kimsland, thanks for answering me.

When I bought the hardware, I tested the ram with Memtest and apparently it was OK.

However, I woul like to say that the computer is always on 24/7. I mean, it is always in the same windows session. Is there any problem with this? I've always worked 24/7 and never had such a problem with windows XP.

With Vista I've had it more than one week without restarting it, without problems.

Shoud I test again the RAM with MemTest?

Thanks.

Actually it's usually all those temp files and updates building up in the background

I'd run CCleaner on it (CCleaner does more than you just manually doing it)

But ideally after that, just restart. Don't worry about Memtest, unless it happens again

Hi again kimsland.

The fact is that I run CCleaner every day through windows Scheduled Tasks, but of course I don't restart the system after the cleanings.

Also in CCleaner it deletes only windows garbage. I mean, I don't run the Registry Cleaner every day, only the cleaning module.

I only restarts the computer after Windows Update or any other software installation that asks for it.

I'm testing right now the RAM with memtest. I've read in your previous link that it is recommended to test 7 pass.

I'm going to test 7 pass and see if it is fine. I'll let you know if I get any errors.

Anyway, do you think that the blue screen could be beacuse of several days without restaring the computer? In the past I've never had such a problem.

Nevertheless, I hope memtest can help us more.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure on the max uptime duration of Vista. But Vista does so many extra things (processes) than Xp, and I do believe a restart (even at 3am) would be ideal.

In your case Explorer.exe caused the fault, so maybe turn off screen savers and remove any desktop background.
Possibly just re-running explrer.exe from Task Manager may have been enough.
But restart is a good idea anyway (after a dump)

The best test (other than speculation) and after the memtest, would be to see if it does it again. Can be running programs (like Antivirus or firewall) and can be Drivers (requireing updating.

Here's the list (in order)

Restart (if it fixed it. that's it)
Remove any Desktop stuff
Memtest
Update drivers
Check what's running
Event Viewer
Wait

The first and last, are the best ones ! :)

Hi again kimsland, and thanks for your help.

I have finished the MemTest test, 7 passes, and 0 errors, so RAM should not be the problem.

I always disble screen savers and energy options, so I never hibernate the system or something like that.

Also in the desktop I have a static bmp wallpaper, so it shouldn't cause many problems.

I also think that I have the latest drivers of my hardware, since when I bought it some weeks ago I downloaded latest drivers from manufacters.

I've also checked the event Viewer, but there is not any mention to the bsod. There is only an event saying Windows recovered from an unexpected error (the bsod I think).

It is true I'm running antivirus plus firewall and other things, but I thought that the dump information would say what caused the problem.

I don't know why does Explorer.exe crash. Also, I cannot re-run it, as after the bsod the system restars.

If anybody else can give me another opinion I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Hi again, I've updated the bios of the motherboard and all the drivers from official site.

However, I have received another bsod.

I attach the dump file. Could you please see it?

I have opened it, and it seems to have the same problem of above file.

However, at the end of the dump I've read this:

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 0, 9a2ca6dc, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for fltmgr.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for fltmgr.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for eamon.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for eamon.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cmdguard.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cmdguard.sys
***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

Probably caused by : eamon.sys ( eamon+37c1 )

I've found that eamon.sys is from Nod antivirus. I have it, so could be it the problem?

I installed it recently (about 10 days ago).

Thanks.

It's still difficult to tell

Windows Media Player was running and Nod gaurd faulted, causing a BSOD

You could run CheckDisk on your HardDrive (the other memory issue)

It is possible that Nod is causing this though.

Thanks again for your help, kimsland. I didn't opened windows media player, but I think it is loaded with vista.

If I get again the bsod, I'll try to uninstall the antivirus.

I've got another BSOD today, with this error:

BCCode: 50
BCP1: A7FACDC0
BCP2: 00000001
BCP3: 820EDAF4
BCP4: 00000000

I haven't the dump because the BSOD happened while I was sleeping, and CCleaner deleted the temp files.

Anyway, I've uninstalled Nod antivirus and comodo firewall, as they both appeared in the previous dump.

I have installed Kaspersky Internet Security. I hope now the computer won't give me another BSOD.

I'll keep you informed.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back