Comp. Restarts - BCCode: 1000008e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, :)

Recently when playing either Medieval II: Total War or The Sims 2, my computer restarts as soon as it gets into an interactive part. (I.e. All the menus and cinematics work fine). When Windows loads I am told it has just recovered from a serious error with this signature:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C000001D BCP2 : E26287ED BCP3 : A74E788C
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

Attached are two of my dump logs.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Mini092708-02.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for your suggestions, but unfortunately they haven't fixed my problem. I already had the latest ATI drivers (then uninstalled and reinstalled them just to be safe) and can't try the fixes mentioned in the link because I already have SP3 installed.

Also, I tried an older video card and didn't have any crashes. Any suggestion on what my next step might be?

Old card: Radeon 9250 128mb (works)
New card: Radeon 9600 PRO 256mb (doesn't)

Thanks again. :)

1. Uninstall the drivers from Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel of Windows.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Run Driver Sweeper*, select the drivers that you have uninstalled and click Clean button.
4. Install the new drivers.

* For Windows Vista users, please run Driver Sweeper in administrator mode.
Right mouse click Driver Sweeper shortcut and click Run as administrator.

To download and install Driver Sweeper, please click HERE. (direct link)
Save DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe file on the hard disk.
Run DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe.

Thanks for that. While not fixing the problem, my games now run for a good 20 seconds before crashing.

Also, in the Driver Sweeper it listed an nVidia chipset and display, do you know what they might be there for?

You should remove all video drivers using Add/Remove Programs
Then remove all Video drivers using Driver Sweeper
Then install the one Video Driver file you need (although if you have onboard video (on PCs) then you may need two)

This ati3duag.dll file
What happens when you rename it to ati3duag.OLD
Then restart

You may need to search your HardDrive for it
By the way if for some reason Windows doesn't load, just start in Safe mode, and rename it back again

Thanks for your help, I ended up getting rid of the drivers and installing some old Omega drivers I had which are working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back