I removed the VIA Raid (driver) in Device manager, result: BSOD 0x0000007B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anlavabeed

Hello all,

I have been adviced to post my problem (see: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic119989.html) here.

In short:
My monitor turned black all of a sudden the past two days. Event viewer gave me this error:
0x100000d1 (0xf7f14000 0x00000005 0x00000000 0xf7787cb1)

I analyzed the minidumps and both pointed to the Viamraid.sys driver.

I have three options in the Bios for the Controller: IDE, RAID or disabled. I have set it to IDE because I have only one harddisk.

In order to try to find a solution to this problem (memory and harddisk are fine, they are scanned with memtest and checkdisk), I have been adviced to remove the VIA Raid driver in the other thread (see above) because I don't use two Sata disks anyway and to check if the problem disappears. I have done this in the Device Manager.

Question: is this the normal way to do this because when I did that the computer didn't boot anymore! It gave me a BSOD with this code:
0x0000007B (0xF7C46524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Could someone tell me if this error is the result of me removing the VIA Raid driver? I'm trying to get to the bottom of the original problem and it would be nice if someone here can give me some clarity.

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks. But the problem is not that Windows XP can't boot anymore (I have put back an image of the Windows partition), all I want to know if this BSOD is a result of me removing the VIA RAID controller in the Decive Manager.

If this is the case, I can now concentrate on the original problem.

Thanks!

I won't talk in general terms - after reading about YOUR mobo, it reads to me that Sata connected drives NEED the Via Sata driver package since they support the IDE operation also (unlike my board that just needs the Bios to be told that Sata is IDE and uses XP IDE drivers).

edit: BUT, that is just how I read it.

Thanks, I have done that. I seems to me I'm not the only one with BSOD and errors.

Edit:

According to a member who posted there these problems are common with VIA Hyperion drivers newer than v5.18A. So hopefully the problem is solved when I install a older version. Thanks for the tip so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back