More bccode problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
my computer has been restarting itself about 20-30 seconds after you shut it down

the lights are out and i here no sounds from the drives

but still restarts. this time i got this..

bccode : 10000000 bcp1 : ccd3eb01 bcp2 : 00000001 bcp3 : 8053227ff

bcp4 : 00000000 osver : 5_1_2600 sp : 3_0 product 256_1

been reading some of the posts here so i know you will need these

hope thes files come right this time...

any help would be great

One error is 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

* The only thing it specifically cited as the probable cause was hardware.

One error is 0xA and these are strong indicators of hardware issues as well as a driver trying to access an IRQ Level it has no right to.

It cited the driver aswMon32.sys which belongs to Avast! However, I don't think this is your issue.

The remaing four errors are 0x8E and they are almost always caused by hardware, especially RAM. Sometimes they can be caused by drivers.

Two cited the ATI driver ati2cqag.dll.

But it is the other two that at this point are the most significant because they cite specifically corrupted memory and corrupted memory will cause all kinds of problems.

So do the following:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day. If it goes beyond 8 Passes so much the better.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

ok thanks... now at last i have some where to start...i'll let you know

well i ran the memtest86 and as soon as it started i had errors..
so i shutdown took out one of the stick and started the test again.
at this point i figure if its the bad one i should get errors right away also.
so i let it run the 1st pass and there were no errors i then shut down and changed to the other stick..started test figuring that this must be the bad stick...and it to ran the first pass fine....i guess I'll have to let it do all 7 passes..

but i was wondering could this problem be in the ram module on my MB???

hey thanks again
it is nice that you are willing to help

If you have errors you have corrupted memory that has to be replaced. Another way you can test is just run your system with one stick and see if it runs stable and then run with the other one.

My second PC runs 2 gigs in a 4x512 configuration and I was starting to get BSODs more frequently. Of the four only one was bad, the third one. That is why it is important to test not only together but individually.

The reason for a minumum of 7, unless you run into errors sooner which means you don't need to run it any more because you've got your answer, is that the test throws at your RAM a series of patterns that aren't the same every time it cycles through. I once ran it and didn't start getting errors until Pass 5. I know of one guy who didn't get errors until Pass 26!

One other thing, the RAM slot could be faulty (I am still saying though it is most likely your stick(s)) and if you want to test it place one stick there, run your PC, and see what you get.

ok well i'm going to let it run....

another thing i would like to ask

i have three slots...if i leave the middle one empty will it work (provided the ram i use is good)??

We would have to know the make and model of your motherboard and what are the recommended memory configurations for said motherboard as well as what type of memory.

If you are running XP you don't need any more than 2 gigs.

If you want a quicker answer to how much and what type go to www.crucial.com and let them run their free scanner on your system. This is totally safe. They will not only tell you how much memory and what kind you have now but what your options are open to you.

Then go to NewEgg.com and purchase your memory cheaper.

I assume both memory strips you have are identical? Strips from different manufacturers and/or different speed or latency settings can give this problem (i.e.either strip works, but not together). If you do get to thinking about buying more memory (as for instance one strip is indeed faulty) watch out for that. Either buy another of the same reference number, or two (or three) the same.

Another thing, if you look at the manufacturers website, and find the whole spec of your motherboard, there should be a list of tested and approved memory manufacturers and their strip reference numbers. If remotely possible, stick to that list, as not all motherboards are happy with anything else. Even a top name chip with the same spec as far as you can check from the chip specs, may not in fact work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back