Cannot open Access 97 file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafficflow

I have a program that I made at work for a calibration program. I found it the other day and want to use it. No luck. It can not open that old. I really want to use.
Any ideas? Thanks

Not sure if I understand your problem. Are you trying to run a program that was written for Access 97 and it will not run on your current OS? What OS are you using?. You may be able to run it in a newer version.

Microsoft Access 97

The program was developed with Access 97 and I have xp and vista. I am trying to open with Office 2003. It says I do not have the files to open. Thanks

Access 97 File

I went to the site and was able to succeed with what they described. Still not working though. When I try to open it I select to open the database so I can edit
but I get the message Microsoft Access 1.x databases not supported???

What do you guys think?/ Thanks

Access 1.x is NOT Access 97. You need to open the MDB file in either Access 97 or Access 2000 and convert, then open in Access 2003 and convert. There may be other issues involving module names and such but Access 1.x is the earliest version and you cannot jump all the way to 2003, you need something in between.

Create a blank database and then use the import feature in the Tables to import the old mdb object.

Done ;)

I need some more help. I have beed fooling around with this database and no luck. It is a .ldb extension and I found out that it was converted to 97 so it had to be even earlier what ever that version was.Should I buy a old program? It will not let me do anything i.e convert import etc.Any more ideas? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back