When installing Windows Installer: "There is not enough storage space"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exhonour

When installing Windows Installer: "There is not enough server storage"

What does that mean? I have more than enough space for install so what does it want?

Ok please search this up on google and see that it has nothing to do with the hard drive. My problem is that I can't find a real solution.

To my understanding, Windows Installer 4.5 comes bundled inside Vista SP2. That's why if you're looking at / trying to download MS Installer 4.5 from MS KB 94288 Windows Installer 4.5 is available it only lists Vista SP1.

Unfortunately, that still doesn't explain your problem. Are you certain all Windows updates have been applied?

/* edit */
And (above) is why it won't install from the MS download on top of SP2 since it should already be there

It could be that the lack of information is preventing a more specific answer.

Ok please search this up on google and see that it has nothing to do with the hard drive. My problem is that I can't find a real solution.

Without any information, that's as far as I can go.

So far, you haven't told us what operating system you use, what you're trying to install and 'where' you are trying to out the installer that it gives you the message 'not enough server information'.

IT would also help t know which 'server' is being referred to.

I dont think extra information is needed because this is a general error that occurs with installations/programs.

But im running vista sp2, I dont think you need my specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back