Unknown process in task manager (XXFJJRGTOQ.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently cleared a Trojan virus out of my PC. It appears to running ok now, however, I have an unknown process running in the task manager that I can't get rlid of: XXFJJRGTOQ.exe.

I tried to google it and google could not come with any results at all. This concerns me that it is something malicious still in my system.

Does anyone have any idea what this is and/or how to get rid of it?

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Adding member information from separate thread:
Unknown file in registry: ~DF9DD2.tmp
I am trying to get my computer cleared of the last traces of this Trojan and now I've found an unknown file in the registry (~DF9DD2.tmp)

I tried to google it and the only links that come up are two websites in German, which of course I can't read. I cannot translate them through the google toolbar as I am using my itouch for Internet service until I am sure I have everything removed & it is safe to reconnect my pc to the Internet.

Can anyone please help? Thank you so much!

Please go ahead with the steps recommended and leave the logs on this thread.

There are only 3 hits in a Google search for XXFJJRGTOQ.exe. One is this site and one other site is dated 5/14 so I expect it is also your thread. I don't have a safety rating on either of those 2 sites so I did not open them.

The thing about helping people is that we need some information to work with. Basically, you haven't given us any. If you would like help looking for malware, please follow the steps in our Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HEREhttps://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/.

When you have finished, please leave the logs for review
It would also be helpful to know what the recent 'Trojan virus' was that you thought you have removed.

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I am helping you. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

And if all tree if the Google search hits are you threads, decide where you want help and withdraw from the others. Since the process you have is an executable, it if likely starting every time you boot the system. I suggest you follow through as soon as possible.

Edit: another thread: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic147134.html may be merged with this one. Waiting on information.

Also found unknown file in registry

I am trying to get my computer cleared of the last traces of this Trojan and now I've found an unknown file in the registry (~DF9DD2.tmp)

I tried to google it and the only links that come up are two websites in German, which of course I can't read. I cannot translate them through the google toolbar as I am using my itouch for Internet service until I am sure I have everything removed & it is safe to reconnect my pc to the Internet.

I will be glad to help you but I first need for you to follow the steps in the thread I referenced. I strongly recommend that you do not make any changes in the Registry, either manually or using a Registry cleaner.

I combined you information for you convenience, but I can't do anything until I see those logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back