Microsoft temporarily resurrects $150 Windows 7 Family Pack

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

When Windows 7 landed, Microsoft boosted early sales by offering a discounted bundle of three Home Premium licenses. Instead of $120 per Home Premium Upgrade license (or $200 per full retail copy), the Windows 7 Family Pack let users upgrade three XP/Vista machines for only $150, making it easy for friends and families to take advantage of Microsoft's latest operating system. Sadly, that deal expired in December and anyone looking to upgrade was stuck paying the full price.

Hoping to lure holiday shoppers, Microsoft has resurrected the $150 Windows 7 Family Pack, providing the same fantastic discount seen last year. The bundle is currently limited to US customers, but it will spread to plenty of other markets on Windows 7's October 22 anniversary including Canada, the UK, France, Germany, China, Russia, and tons more. The bundle is available through Microsoft's online store, and you should probably act fast, as it's undoubtedly a limited time offering.

Permalink to story.

Tekkaraiden said:
Looks like my parents computer will be getting a software upgrade.

I'm going to try to sell my parents on the idea, they have two computers I'd like to put Seven on.

Back