Why do Yahoo email Contacts disappear out of the list?

macx

I wondered why I wasn't getting any response to emails I have been sending,
finally discovered many of my Contacts have disappeared from my list.

I had known before one contact I often email had disappeared several times,
but now I find that quite a number of them have disappeared.

And, of course, there's no way to contact Yahoo directly to ask or complain.

Anything to do besides switch emails?

Your system specs say OS: XP Pro SP2. I assume this is just outdated info and you’re really using SP3. In the unlikely case you’re still on SP2, you should upgrade to SP3 without delay.

Yahoo has recently changed version, or upgraded as they call it. Are you using the new version? If not, since you’ll have to change anyway at some point soon, you might as well do it now and see if it solves the problem.

Note further that Yahoo, especially in its newer version, does not support all browsers. So make sure you’re using one of those supported, such as IE and Firefox, but not e.g. Opera.

Finally, you say there’s no way to contact Yahoo. I just point out that under “Help” on the top of the page, there’s the option “Feedback” for reporting problems etc. I say this just for the record, not necessarily because I expect them to come back with a solution.

My apologies, you're correct in that I've upgraded to SP3.

I have downloaded the newest version, but after I upgraded FROM Yahoo/Firefox (3.6 something?) which is a couple upgrades ago is when I started losing the one contact
I first noticed disappearing.

I use Firefox because of all the add-ons available and that it is (at least widely believed) to be more secure than IE. The add-ons I use are mostly security or privacy related.

After I posted the above I went back and looked some more for a way to contact them - I had looked thru their Help for some time before and must have just missed that - all I wound up with was the FAQ's and the Help forums etc, none of which addressed email contacts disappearing.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I'll give it another try.

Back