Need help with compatibility of parts

I am planning to build this computer over this weekend or next week. I have been on a few forums and they have helped me with putting these parts together. As i am not too good with computers i was wondering if somebody could check if these parts are compatable with each other as i dont have a clue what i should be looking for.

The parts i am planning to buy are:-

Motherboard: £60 - Asus P8H61-M Intel H61 Motherboard mATX Revision 3.0 90-MIBF20-G0EAY0GZ

Processor: £149 - Intel Core i5 2400 3.1GHz Socket LGA 1155 6MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

RAM: £39 – Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600Mhz Memory Kit CL9

GPU: £185 - Gigabyte HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI Dual DP Out PCI-E Graphics Card

HD: £42 - Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache

PSU: £69 – Corsair TX 650W V2 PSU - 80plus Bronze Certified

Case: £54 - Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus Case

CD/DVD: £15 - Sony Optiarc AD-7260B 24x DVD±RW & DL SATA Optical Drive - OEM Black

OS: £40.00 - Microsoft Windows 7, 64Bit (Have a XP disk)

Due to not having 5 posts im not able to link where im going to be getting these products from, but if anybody is willing to help me with this problem, i can pm you the full list with links to were im going to be buying the parts.

Looks good. It's all compatible. I might have gotten a full ATX motherboard instead of a micro ATX but that's just me. It will still work fine.

Alright, thank you very much for checkin it out for me. Whats the benifits of having the motherboard you would prefere to have, or is just a personal preferance?

i would advise you to look at motherboard performance benchmarks because all motherboards are not all created equal in performance.

Because a regular ATX motherboard is a little longer, it has a few more expansion slots, up to seven total and your case will accommodate it. Most micro ATX boards have four like yours does. It's not a big deal if you don't have a use for the extra slots. A lot of micro ATX boards come with onboard graphics and that's fine but if you aren't planning to use it, to me it's wasted circuitry. If you get the one you propose, I would disable it in the BIOS if you don't plan to use it for anything. That way the motherboard doesn't have to reserve any RAM for it unnecessarily .

That said, if you prefer a micro ATX motherboard for any reason, it's fine with me.

Back