Check out my new build?

Mirrorz3dge

Heyo,

this is my first post on TechSpot :)

figured i'd get some pros to look at this rig i'll be building as soon as windows 8 comes out :)

please review these parts and just give me an overview of your opinion!

I'll be using this PC for school work, mid range photo & video editing, surfing the web, and some gaming. (games like BF3, Black Ops, MW3- but i don't mind if they're running on mid or low quality graphics)

My budget is around $1000 AUD, but i can afford to stretch it an extra 100 or 200.
but i'd rather keep it around the $1000 range

I am not planning to overclock.

I will be buying all my parts online, from wvw.pccasegear.com
(i'm not using newegg because theyre not available where i live - in Australia.
but pccasegear is a nice website)

I want this computer to last me at least 2 years before it starts to slow down to around 45-50 seconds boot/shutdown time.

so without further ado, here it is:

Case: CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Alpine 64 Pro Rev 2
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTS 450 Overclocked
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB WD10EALX
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 Motherboard
Optical Drive: ASUS DRW-24B3ST 24X DVDRW Drive
Power Supply: OCZ Fatal1ty Series 550W Modular
Monitor: Samsung S22A300B 21.5in Widescreen LED Monitor
Mouse: Gigabyte ECO 600 Wireless Laser Mouse
Keyboard: Cherry Infinity USB Keyboard
Speakers: Logitech LS21 2.1 Speakers
OS: Microsoft Windows 8 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM
EXTRA Case Fan: CoolerMaster MegaFlow 200 Red

TOTAL (shipping and tax included) : $1,044

If you have read this far, i commend you.

please leave a comment with your opinion on my build :)

Get yourself an AMD 770/790/870/890 based motherboard. For the case, look at cheaper options like the Antec 300 or BitFenix Shinobi.

Try and procure at least the GTX 460 for your GPU.

I'm at work presently. Once I get back I'll try and draw up a more detailed build for you.

Do you happen to have an MSY anywhere near you? They sell at cheaper rates than this website, although you need to pick the parts up yourself; it's a toss-up between petrol money and shipping :p.

Do you happen to have an MSY anywhere near you? They sell at cheaper rates than this website, although you need to pick the parts up yourself; it's a toss-up between petrol money and shipping :p.

i do have an MSY near me, within like 10-15 min driving distance infact.
never thought to go there though. taking a look at the website right now.

Their online availability thing is a bit dodgy but they've been pretty good with their warranties ever since the ACCC launched their lawsuit against them :D The people who work there are generally pretty helpful too (that's just personal experience though).

Their online availability thing is a bit dodgy but they've been pretty good with their warranties ever since the ACCC launched their lawsuit against them :D The people who work there are generally pretty helpful too (that's just personal experience though).

are you talking about PCcasegear or MSY?

thank you for all the replies and advice,
i am sure that by the time win8 comes out i will have reconfigured my build substantially, possibly adding an SSD and crossfired graphics cards (depends on how much money i have saved up by the time win8 comes out)

i will be sure to try and use MSY to find some cheaper parts, but i will be buying the majority from pccasegear.

Back