Who do you live near?

Phantasm66

I just had a nice idea to start a thread where, if people wanted, they could post a little more about where they live - well, just a short paragraph or two - if they think that they would like to get in touch and maybe even actually meet in real life other TechSpot members.

If the thread takes off then I will keep it, if its a flop I shall unstick it and it can get buried over time.

I know that the user information at the left hand side next to the avatar gives a location, but this thread is really more for the begins of arranging to meet someone, etc. And not a lot of people bother to enter where they really live because there's not been a point so far.

I like in Glasgow, in Scotland. I guess I could travel to somewhere else in Scotland or even England to meet you, if you were especially cool. There's only a few especially cool people, I guess ;)

If you live in Scotland then please let me know via PM or something. That is, if you are wanting to meet.

Don't worry, I am not a serial killer and have no shortage of friends. However, one can never have too many friends.

Let's see, I live in England in a small town called Pocklington near a medium sized city called York. Note that I was born in Phoenix, Arizona and therefore am American.

As Phant put it, I am not lacking friends, nor am I going to lock you in my basement for thirty years ;) .

If you do want to meet, I don't see why anyone would want to meet a 14 year old little kid, but if you do; send me a PM :) .

Like it says on the left I live in Rolla, Missouri. Just started graduate school here. If you are ever passing through Missouri, Rolla is right along I-44, and not too far from I-70, and those are pretty much the biggest roads in the state. I guess if you are passing through north to south like on US-63, well that goes through Rolla too, so no excuse not to let me know :).

I live on the edge of a small town called Opp, in Alabama. US hwy 84 runs by about a mile from here, and US 331 is about 3 miles from here. Opp is located about 25 miles from the Florida/Alabama line. If you travel to Florida much, you've probably been through here and not even known it was a town.

I live in a cesspool in northwest oregon, about 30 minutes out of portland

I will soon be moving to Hillsburrito, which is also about 30 minutes out of portland.

I live in good ol' England... Worcestershire...

And, yes - i live too near the ex-wife... ;-)

I live in South Bend, Indiana, about a 5 minute drive from the University of Notre Dame. If any of you are ever out this far north then gimme a yell! BTW - I will pass back through Rolla SN and I will stop by there. I will likely come through with my wife though so you can't get me in trouble if I do - I also pass through St. Louis sometimes so I may be able to visit another buddy there... hint hint.

LNCPapa

I live in a smaller town in Massachusetts called North Andover it's about 30 miles north of Boston.

I live in a city called Edinburgh, the Scottish capital, and you all better stay well away if you know what's good for you. :)

I live in Bloomington, Indiana. About 5 minz from IU. I know no one would want to meet me in person, but if you could/do, dont, because my parents would probbly ban me from the internet if they found out I told someone where I live (even if its not my address). Not to mention kill me :dead:

I live in Arkansas, near Little Rock. That's the state [size=1/4]Bill Clinton's[/size] from. Guess you've all heard of him.

Originally posted by Nic
I live in a city called Edinburgh, the Scottish capital, and you all better stay well away if you know what's good for you. :)

You are probably the closest to me, then. You ever get out near Glasgow??

The last time I was in Glasgow was in 1987 when I spent 10 weeks in a work placement, while doing my degree in Edinburgh. It was pretty scary as far as I can remember, though I suspect that things have probably changed a lot since then.

i now live in Brussels witch is belgium's capital. my best friend Didou lives here too, BTW and i knew techspot thanx to him :D

Originally posted by Nic
The last time I was in Glasgow was in 1987 when I spent 10 weeks in a work placement, while doing my degree in Edinburgh. It was pretty scary as far as I can remember, though I suspect that things have probably changed a lot since then.

How old are you? Where do you work? Do you drink in Edinburgh?

I am 27, work in Paisley. Drink - sure, anywhere.

Originally posted by Phantasm
How old are you? Where do you work? Do you drink in Edinburgh?
1. Older than yourself (hard to believe, but its true). :D
2. Unemployed Software Developer (long story, but currently reskilling in MCSD for .NET). :rolleyes:
3. I avoid alcohol (except on the odd occassion), and generally have a purpose when I do go out (e.g. cinema, shopping, eating out with friends, concert, etc.). :confused:

I rarely go out to drink, or crawl my way through several pubs/night clubs. I guess I'm past that stage and too sensible (or boring) to get any pleasure out of it (I'd sooner spend my money on new games/hardware). :cool:

Just like yourself, I am not a serial killer, or phsycopath of any kind - so just let me know your address, and I'll come round and prove it to you. ;)

PS: Hope that answered your questions.

I live in North Carolina right outside of Charlotte, in Shelby. I lived in Tampa Bay Florida for a year in college. I wouldn't mind going back. I'm not that fond of NC. Actually I think I'd like to live in Australia, hehe.

I live in Knoxville Tennessee. We have Interstate 40,275,640,75 running right through us. Busy little town with Big Town feel!! Home of the Tennessee Volunteers. Go Vols!! 1998 SEC Championship! whoo hoo!!! :)

Originally posted by Nic
1. Older than yourself (hard to believe, but its true). :D
2. Unemployed Software Developer (long story, but currently reskilling in MCSD for .NET). :rolleyes:
3. I avoid alcohol (except on the odd occassion), and generally have a purpose when I do go out (e.g. cinema, shopping, eating out with friends, concert, etc.). :confused:

I rarely go out to drink, or crawl my way through several pubs/night clubs. I guess I'm past that stage and too sensible (or boring) to get any pleasure out of it (I'd sooner spend my money on new games/hardware). :cool:

Just like yourself, I am not a serial killer, or phsycopath of any kind - so just let me know your address, and I'll come round and prove it to you. ;)

PS: Hope that answered your questions.

I will keep all of this in mind if I am in the area again. PM me your phone number if you like, I may call some time to see how you are, if its only in Edinburgh.....

Originally posted by timmoore
Let's see, I live in England in a small town called Pocklington near a medium sized city called York. Note that I was born in Phoenix, Arizona and therefore am American.

As Phant put it, I am not lacking friends, nor am I going to lock you in my basement for thirty years ;) .

If you do want to meet, I don't see why anyone would want to meet a 14 year old little kid, but if you do; send me a PM :) .

Again, if you PM me your phone number (AND REAL NAME - I don't want to be calling up and asking if Lord Zykon is in, or anything ;) !! ) - then I might call you one time, or if I am near you geographically I could say hello.

Mr. Garibali and I met in real life a while ago, and even although all we did was have a few beers and talk and then the next day he visited my home for about 1.5 hour, it was still a good laugh and surely lots of people here have a lot of common interests.

Don't post your real name here if you don't want to, and CERTAINLY DON'T POST YOUR REAL PHONE NUMBER! Just advertise a little here and if someone is interested they should PM that person.

Man, already its like a dating agency. How sad are we!

Back