Average cpu temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyam77

Hello all,
I have an Asus motherboard P5Ld2 with Intel socket 775 3.0 hypertreading,3 Gb of ram, 2 Sata hard drive, Asus EN6600 256Mb videocard.standard intel cpu fan with 3 case fan.
My temperature for the board is average 38 degrees C and for my cpu between 50 degrees to 70 degrees.Is this normal?
Lately i noticed that my computer was extremely slow at times.Should i buy a better cpu fan?
If so, any suggestion?
Thank you for answering.

First off, what Intel CPU do you have (sorry, I can't tell what cpu it takes from looking at the model # like some members :unch: )? In some cases this is normal, and in some this isn't. You board temp is fine overall, I just wonder about the cpu.

If 70C is your maximum temperature, I don't think you should be too worried, 70C is a bit high though. You should first try to clean your current heatsink+fan and make sure the fan is running, then if the temperature doesn't drop you could try to either apply some better thermal paste/compound or buy a new heatsink.

The temperature varies. I'd say it stays more in the 60s and peak in the 70 degrees.But if i open asus probe and open firefox and do not touch my computer. I will get alarm from my asus probe regarding my cpu temperature.My computer will also be very slow.Sound choppy and mouse lagging.Applications running in the taskbar are avg free,gmail notifier, avg spyware, anydvd, nvidia software.My fan does not stop working and has been dusted.I have put on new thermal also.Because i tried another cpu, because i had same issue.The thermal i bought was the cheapest like 3$.Does it really make a difference?
Also keep in mind that i have already formated my pc to make sure my trouble were not virus related.

cfitzarl said:
First off, what Intel CPU do you have (sorry, I can't tell what cpu it takes from looking at the model # like some members :unch: )? In some cases this is normal, and in some this isn't. You board temp is fine overall, I just wonder about the cpu.

I have Intel Pentium 3.0 Hypertreading socket 775.
Hope this help?

lyam77 said:
I have Intel Pentium 3.0 Hypertreading socket 775.
That really doesn't tell us very much. I did a quick search and found at least 10 Intel 775 CPUs running 3.0Ghz also in your public profile you have written that you have a 3.2Ghz CPU, which is it?

lyam77 said:
But if i open asus probe and open firefox and do not touch my computer. I will get alarm from my asus probe regarding my cpu temperature.
You should expect that since the maximum recommended temperature for these CPUs is around 67-69C

Sorry about my profile. I change my computer since.
I have change my profile.I'll check at home later for more specific details.

go HERE and get the free 'everesthome', it willl give you a comprehensive breakdown of what is in your pc. you can update your profile from there

Sorry to jump in here,but

lyam77 said:
Hello all,
I have an Asus motherboard P5Ld2 with Intel socket 775 3.0 hypertreading,3 Gb of ram, 2 Sata hard drive, Asus EN6600 256Mb videocard.standard intel cpu fan with 3 case fan.
My temperature for the board is average 38 degrees C and for my cpu between 50 degrees to 70 degrees.Is this normal?
Lately i noticed that my computer was extremely slow at times.Should i buy a better cpu fan?
If so, any suggestion?
Thank you for answering.
I have exactly the same or similar components.
Have you ran asus Probe ? It's a seperate download if you don't have the cd.
My cpu temp is 70 F right now with my new fan.It is 3125 rpm
mbd temp is 75 F
Probe gives all settings OK,so dl it,or do you have it ?
Or is this from the bios.? If you get no errors during startup everything is OK.
I needed a new cpu fan as my rpm was only 1200.
What is yours ?

Do you have an asus manual ? It has recommended setting in it.

What is your load temps on the cpu, If its idle @ 60c or 70c , thats not a good sign,

These processors will go up to 85c and still work, but the life is shortened,

You might need a custom cooler like Zalman, also keep your case cool, proper intake and exhaust fan etc,

38c for mobo is pretty high in these winter times,, Summer time that thing will blow up,

My readings

I'm happy with this.I added a new cpu fan and a 3 inch exhaust at the
rear of the case.
I don't think a virus affects your temperatures.

Attachments

• asus Probe.jpg
    asus Probe.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back