Blue screen of Death issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have:

Asus p5k motherboard
Intel 2 duo Core 1.866 mhz
2 x kingston 1033 mhz 512 RAM sticks (i checked to make sure mobo supported on box when I bought it)
windows XP pro

It only crashes when I play Warcraft 3: The frozen throne. Basically what happens is I leave the game is normal mode (without adding -opengl extension), sound loops, half the screen shuts out, and computer freezes needing reboot. If I had -opengl to extension, game freezes for 3 seconds and produces blue screen. I'll post some mini dumps and hopefully I can figure out this issue, it's a brand new computer and I just had it built 2 weeks ago.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xf669c36c, 0xf243ff48, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini091007-01.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

All help will be appreciated!

Looks like a video card problem. As it's a new card it may be faulty. Check that it's not overheating and try a different driver version.

0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back