Drivers compaq presario c752TU

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody help me plz i have purchased a new laptop as in title it comes with windows vista preloaded but due to lack of speed i uninstal vista and instal a fresh new copy of win xp sp2 but there lies a problem for me about sound,wi fi,modem drivers and the support of compaq does not provide any drivers for me on win xp so plz plz provide me (conexant) sound and modem driver and (broadcom) wi fi driver as i am a new to yours forum (plz help me urgent) my mail id is mansi.1112001@gmail.com

You're asking for spam with your email address posted publicly.

HP has it clearly posted all over their website that they will not provide XP compatible drivers on some machines for users that downgrade from Vista. That said, the only way for us to help you find drivers for your system (if they're out there) is by knowing what sound card you have. Post that information and I'm sure someone will respond in a more than reasonable amount of time. Until then, keep your pants on.

From HP:

If you have already downgraded your computer from Vista to Windows XP, you have probably discovered that your PC does not work properly. You may have noticed that features like sound, DVD, or the webcam on your new PC have stopped working. You are probably wondering where you can find the right XP drivers. HP does NOT provide XP-compatible drivers for PCs that were designed exclusively for Vista. If your PC shipped with Vista, HP supports the installed hardware and software while the PC is operating with the Vista operating system, according to the written agreements.

You may attempt to use non-Vista drivers and programs that are provided by other companies; however, HP cannot provide technical support or diagnose potential hardware issues until you reinstall the original Vista operating system.

first of all sorry for my mistake as i dont know the rules and regulations for posting my email id publickly sir my sound and modem card are both of (conexant) as i have said it in my starting thread so plz plz provide me only sound and modem driver for my laptop.

That does literally nothing for me or anyone else here. We will need the exact model of the card before we start searching for a driver.

Hi chup,

this is from HP

You may experience the following conditions if you downgrade an HP Pavilion or Compaq Presario consumer notebook, which was designed for Vista, to an older operating system:

HP does not provide Windows XP-compatible drivers for functions such as sound, video, graphics, network connectivity, drives, or other devices and peripherals for these consumer notebooks.
Changing the operating system may require you to reinstall the original software image when troubleshooting possible software and hardware issues with technical support.

Some component manufacturers do not provide Windows XP-compatible drivers for components that they designed for Windows Vista.
Even if a third-party company or Windows itself can provide generic drivers that will allow all of your devices to operate, the performance of your HP PC may be less than optimal.

your dxdiag diagnostic report you posted from the other thread appears that
your sound card is not detected & your sound devices show absolutely no informations at all.

some of your machine's component is VISTA compliant,one of them is your sound.

i strongly suggest that you revert back to VISTA,if you have issues with regards
to your machine's speed,whether network or loading of applications,then you can
start another thread to the right forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back