Naomi is an advanced internet filtering program, easy to use and totally FREE, intended for families and parents in particular.
Naomi is able to constantly monitor all internet connections, protecting children from inappropriate online material - such as obscene or violent contents; pornography and erotism in the form of images or texts; sites that popularize drugs; gambling games; terrorism; hate propaganda; occultism; sects; blasphemy, etc.
The filtering technology employed in Naomi 2.5 features:
- Heuristic analysis capable of recognizing new material automatically.
- Semantic analysis of web pages contents and analysis of their addresses and links.
- Recognizes all the major languages.
- Recognizes ICRA labelling system.
- Monitoring is not limited to web sites, but covers the whole local internet traffic.
- Works with any software application, and does not alter their settings.
- Password-protected (the password is chosen during the installation).
- Does not require configuration.
- Can be used on slow connections (it does not perform any download in background).
For detailed information please refer to the included user manual (if you want to read it online click here; for the FAQ see: frequently asked questions).
Starting from version 2.4, you can remove Naomi's icon from the system tray area if you need total invisibility. See the frequently asked questions page (the plugin has been updated for version 2.5.5 and above).
Note: you must uninstall any previous version of this software before installing the current version. Administration rights are required to install the program. The filter does not work under "limited accounts" yet.
Translations: Senpai translated Naomi and its manual (es) in Spanish language. Ismail šakir translated Naomi and its manual (tr) in Turkish language. Ton Smits translated Naomi and its manual (nl) in Dutch language. Hanin Keren translated Naomi and its manual (id) in Indonesian language. Rasa translated Naomi and its manual (de) in German language. CÚdric Lanio translated Naomi in French language. To download any of these versions, see below.
What's New: 3.2.90 support for Windows Vista 32-bit, improved heuristics
3.2.60 - improved password protection system, fix for online games, - improved heuristic engine