Tor Browser for Android is the only official mobile browser supported by the Tor Project, developers of the world’s strongest tool for privacy and freedom online.
Note: For this release, you also need to install Orbot, a proxy application that will connect Tor Browser for Android with the Tor network. For the upcoming Tor Browser for Android stable release, our goal is for Orbot not to be necessary to connect to Tor.
Known issue: Our Security Slider is now under ‘Security Settings,’ but because of a small issue, it’s only showing up after you restart the app. We plan on fixing it for the next release.
Tor Browser isolates each website you visit so third-party trackers and ads can’t follow you. Any cookies automatically clear when you’re done browsing.
Defend Against Surveillance
Tor Browser prevents someone watching your connection from knowing what websites you visit. All anyone monitoring your browsing habits can see is that you’re using Tor.
Tor aims to make all users look the same, making it difficult for you to be fingerprinted based on your browser and device information.
When you use Tor Browser for Android, your traffic is relayed and encrypted three times as it passes over the Tor network. The network is comprised of thousands of volunteer-run servers known as Tor relays. Watch this animation to learn more about how it works:
With Tor Browser for Android, you are free to access sites your local internet service provider may have blocked.
- Update Torbutton to 2.1.10
- Bug 30565: Sync nocertdb with privatebrowsing.autostart at startup
- Bug 30464: Add WebGL to safer descriptions
- Translations update
- Update NoScript to 10.6.2
- Bug 29969: Remove workaround for Mozilla's bug 1532530
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2019.5.13
- Bug 30541: Disable WebGL readPixel() for web content
Windows + OS X + Linux
- Bug 30560: Better match actual toolbar in onboarding toolbar graphic
- Bug 30635: Sync mobile default bridges list with desktop one
- All platforms Bug 30480: Check that signed tag contains expected tag name
Apps similar to Tor Browser for Android 3
Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis. Tor is free software and an open network that helps you defend against surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy.
Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis.
PirateBrowser is a bundle package of the Tor client (Vidalia), FireFox Portable browser (with foxyproxy addon) and custom configs that allows you to circumvent censorship.