- Run any virtual machine. Run virtual machines created by VMware Workstation, GSX Server or ESX Server. VMware Player also supports Microsoft virtual machines and Symantec LiveState Recovery disk formats.
- Access host PC devices. Use host CD/DVD drives, network adapters, and plug-and-play USB devices.
- Copy and paste. Copy text and files between the virtual machine and the host PC.
- Drag and drop. Drag and drop files between a Windows host PC and a Windows virtual machine.
- Multiple networking options. Virtual machines can share or obtain new IP addresses or be isolated from the network and host.
- 32- and 64-bit host and guest operating system support. Run a wide variety of virtual machines containing 32- and 64-bit operating systems simultaneously on the same physical PC. Compatible 64-bit guest operating systems include select Microsoft Windows, Red Hat, SUSE, and FreeBSD distributions.
- Adjustable memory. Tune virtual machine memory for optimal performance.
- Configurable shutdown. Power down or suspend the virtual machine when closing VMware Player.
- Integrated Google Search. VMware Player includes Google search capabilities, fully integrated for conveniently searching the web without launching a browser.
Software that can be used as an alternative to VMware Player: