Free universal audio/video batch transcoder.
On video side, MEncoder is used as back-end, which provides support for nearly all known video compression and container formats as well as rich and useful video filtering features (e.g. post-processing, 3D de-noise).
On audio side, MPlayer and Winamp input plugins used as decoders, various encoders integrated, MediaCoder can simply batch transcode among any known audio formats, with tags transferred, file names generated, and even performing audio filtering (e.g. resample, normalize) on the fly.
- Improving compression / reducing file size (audio+video -> audio+video): e.g. MPG/VOB/AVI/RMVB/MOV/MP4 -> AVI/MKV/MP4 (Xvid/DivX/H.264 + MP3/OGG/AAC)
- Extracting audio track (audio+video -> audio): e.g. MPG/VOB/AVI/RMVB/MOV/MP4 -> MP3/OGG/AAC/MPC
- Converting to normal VCD/DVD player ready video files (audio+video -> MPEG): e.g. RMVB/MOV -> MPEG 1/2
- Converting from lossless or high-bitrate audio to low-bitrate audio to play with portable DAP (audio -> audio): e.g. APE/FLAC/WavPack (+ CUE sheets) -> MP3/AAC/WMA
- Ripping CDs and compressing it on the fly: e.g. CD tracks-> APE/FLAC/WavPack/MP3/OGG/AAC/WMA/MPC
Supported source formats:
- Audio: MP3, OGG/Vorbis, AAC, MusePack, WMA, RealAudio, FLAC, WavPack, APE/APL, WAV, CUE Sheets, and any other formats supported by Winamp input plugins
- Video: AVI (Xvid/DivX/H.264), MPEG1/2/4, QuickTime (mov), WMV/ASF, RealMedia (rmvb), MP4, Matroska (mkv)
- CUE Sheets
Supported target audio formats:
- Lossy: MP3 (Lame), OGG/OGM (Vorbis), AAC (iTunes, Nero AAC Encoder, FAAC), AAC+/Parametric Stereo (CT, Helix), MusePack, WMA
- Lossless: FLAC, WavPack, Monkey's Audio (APE), WMA Lossless, WAV
Supported target video formats:
- H.264, Xvid, DivX 4/5, MPEG1/2/4, H.263 etc.
Supported target container formats:
- AVI, MPEG 1/2, Matroska, MP4
- Fixed a rare audio/video desync issue
- Fixed a rare MEncoder decoding blocking issue
- Fixed audio normalization breakage in 5550
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: