Audacity is free, open source, cross-platform, easy-to-use audio software for multi-track recording and editing. Audacity can record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from other media. With some sound cards, and on any recent version of Windows, Audacity can also capture streaming audio.
Import sound files, edit them, and combine them with other files or new recordings. Export your recordings in several common file formats.
Audacity 2.3.0 replaces all previous versions.
- Over 90 bugs fixed since 2.2.2.
- Includes fixes to Timer Record, and to 'Envelope Points'.
- New feature - "Punch and Roll Recording".
- Toolbars controlling volume and speed can now be resized for greater precision.
- Play-at-Speed now can be adjusted whilst playing.
- Macros (formerly 'Chains') substantially extended.
- Pinned-play-head can now be repositioned by dragging.
Full details of new features in the visual guide to New Features in 2.3.0