Very actively developed, this latest version includes a new split-window MyTorrents view with support for categories and advanced downloading / seeding / queuing rules for powerful and automated torrent management, a customizable user interface, seeding from read-only media, and significant reductions in resource usage.
The multiplatform Vuze client greatly extends the original python client's feature set, with: managing multiple downloads at once from a single GUI window, detailed real-time download statistics with export to XML, advanced download and seeding management rules, configuration and torrent creation wizards, embedded tracker for easy and automated hosting of your own files, PeerGuardian IP address filtering, web browser and console UIs, 27 available languages, a powerful plugin interface, and much much more.
- Multiple torrent downloads
- Upload and download speed limiting, both globally and per torrent
- Advanced seeding rules
- Adjustable disk cache
- Only uses one port for all the torrents
- UPnP sets the forward on your router
- Can use a proxy, for both tracker and peer communications
- Fast resume
- Can set a default download dir and move completed files
- Can import torrents automatically from a set dir
- Highly customizable interface
- IRC plugin included for quick help
- Embedded tracker, host your own torrents, automate your shares (periodic scanning of a dir)...
- Distributed Hash Table: host on it a completely decentralised torrent and/or benefit from it when the tracker is offline.
- Many useful plugins are available:
- Auto-adjustment of your upload and download speeds according to your network charge with Autospeed
- Auto-download torrents with RSS Feed Scanner
- Schedule upload and download speed limits with Speed Scheduler
- Receive a mail when a download finishes with Status Mailer
- Add numerous info on torrents (Extra seeding columns, Country Locator)
- Remote control Azureus through the Swing Web Interface or the HTML Web Interface
New Open Torrent dialog design
Open Torrent Dialog split into a torrent selector window and a torrent open options window. The options window has been simplified to initially show you less settings, letting you focus on the most important task — viewing the list of files in the torrent.
There is now an additional view to manage and view your tags and there are a number of new per-tag features to bring capabilities closer to that of categories, along with additional ones such as ‘move on complete’ and ‘minimum share ratio’: tagsoverview
Torrent file availability
Users can view an optional column in the torrent file details tab that shows the availability of the torrent file as a measure of the minimum availability of each of its pieces. Useful for torrents that are comprised of many files, which peers selectively download and that may no longer be available.
Mark multiple torrents as Watched
When selecting multiple torrents in conjunction with the ‘watched’ button users no longer have to individually unselect them. Fewer clicks speed up the torrent file management process.
Per-Torrent Share Ratio Seeding Rules
Beyond global rule set-up within the client, you can now set the share ratio for individual torrents rules for better control of a torrent file among peers and overall seeding efficiency.
Extensible column options
The torrent client software now allows users to edit column headings and tailor to meet their needs. In addition, torrent file download/upload peak and average speed stats have been implemented.
Amend transfer stats
Stats can be reset for users with transfer caps on data usage. Collected statistics can revert to either a specific point in time or since time of install.
Additional features included in this release
- Option to show/hide rank column icon
- Add tags column to library view
- Per-file availability to column
- Option to toggle the ‘new’ download state for multiple selections