Easily connect to remote Windows PCs
With Remote Desktop Connection Client, you can quickly, simply and securely connect to Windows-based PCs to access Windows-based files, applications, devices, and networks from your Mac.
One Mac, unlimited Windows
New Multiple Session Support gives Mac users simultaneous access to multiple Windows-based PCs or to a network server that hosts remote applications and files. Since it works with Vista and is a Universal application, Remote Desktop Connection Client 2 is compatible with the latest technologies on Windows and Mac platforms.
A more Mac-like experience
A redesigned user interface makes this application more customizable. Create your own keyboard shortcuts; and even access and change preferences during active sessions.
Print everything off your Mac
Access and print from Windows applications to any printer that can be configured from your Intel- or PowerPC-based Macs.
Get fast updates and easy help
Microsoft Error Reporting Tool and Microsoft AutoUpdate are included so you can anonymously submit data on software related issues and get software updates as soon as they are available. Remote Desktop Connection Client 2 also takes advantage of the new Helpviewer and improved help topics for quick access to fresh online product help from within the application.
Reduce security breaches
Network Level Authentication (NLA) is a new authentication method in Windows Vista that offers security enhancements that can help to protect the remote computer from hackers and malicious software. It completes user authentication before you establish a full Remote Desktop Connection. Please see Windows Help for more details on network level authentication.
- Added background refresh for subscribed workspaces.
- Fixed an issue where the session window may jump to another monitor when auto-reconnect kicks in.
- Fixed an issue where the session window would sometimes be enlarged after connecting.
- Addressed an issue where the name of a redirected folder would be incorrect in the remote session.
- Fixed a bug that made it difficult to resize remote app windows.
- Improved the error messages that are displayed when user accounts fail to update.
- Fixed an issue where window titles in the list of connected remote apps were blank.
- Addressed a multimon issue where the mouse cursor shape would not update correctly when dragging between monitors.
- Added a checkbox to General Preferences to enable/disable Microsoft Teams optimizations.
- Added UI to report if a remote app could not be launched on the server due to not being on the system allow list.
- Fixed an issue where the session window could not be made wider when placed at the top or bottom of the screen.
- Addressed scenarios where the mouse cursor would disappear while connected to a remote PC.
- Deletion of an Azure Virtual Desktop workspace now correctly removes all associated workspaces.
- Fixed an issue where adding a folder to redirect to a bookmark would enable the "Add" button with an empty PC name.
- Addressed an issue where double-clicking the title bar incorrectly stretched the session window.
- Updated the mouse to change to a hand glyph when hovering over a red input error indicator.
- Fixed an issue where the session window would flash rapidly in the "Mission Control" or "Application windows" view.
Software similar to Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac 4
TeamViewer is the fast, simple and friendly solution for remote access over the Internet.
Remote desktop system and enables users to access their data, images and applications from anywhere and also to share it with others.
VNC is remote access and control software for an unrivalled mix of Windows, Mac, UNIX and Linux computers. With a simple peer-to-peer architecture, no agents or centralized servers are required.
- Multiple OS
More similar downloads