It can create, delete, format, defragment, resize, and move partitions and modify their attributes. It can copy entire hard disks from one to another.
Partition Logic is free software, based on the Visopsys operating system. It boots from a CD or floppy disk and runs as a standalone system, independent of your regular operating system. It is intended to become a free alternative to such commercial programs as Partition Magic, Drive Image, and Norton Ghost
Overview: This is a maintenance release, including a number of bug fixes and a significant re-engineering and modularization of the Partition Logic application, support for moving logical partitions and creating 'preceding' and out-of-order logical partitions, and the addition of new capabilities to the IDE disk driver including PCI, DMA (resulting in up to 700% performance improvement for raw disk I/O), and 48-bit addressing support (for disks larger than ~130GB).
Overview: This release consists of hardware support updates and bug fixes, with particular focus on USB. Support for USB 2 controllers and devices has been added.
- Added initial USB2 (EHCI) support.
- Added a stub USB3 (XHCI) driver.
- Improved the output of the Devices program so that it's a little bit more readable.
- Improved the collection and recording of the CPU vendor string.
- Did a bit more development of the simple ACPI driver.
- Fixed: USB hub detection could happen twice - once during the controller's initial device connection detection, and again when device driver detection happened for hubs.
- Fixed: The first (number 1) USB port didn't work on many systems.
- Fixed: Certain USB hard disks not working, and/or causing boot failure.
- Fixed: The AHCI driver no longer fails to initialize if PCI bus mastering can't be enabled.
- Fixed: ACPI (soft) power off could cause some systems not to boot the operating system on the next attempt.
- Fixed: Removed possible infinite loop condition in the 'real time clock' driver.
- Fixed: When installed somewhere via the native installer (for example on a USB stick) with a FAT32 filesystem type, the volume label was not being set properly.
- Fixed: The graphical native installer would often skip the password setting box (flashing up and then disappearing).
- Fixed: The TAB key was not working when using a USB keyboard.