Sign up for a new account or log in here:
Advanced, dockable, highly configurable desktop extension
Dock SideSlide at any corner of the screen; keep shortcuts to files, folders and URLs you frequently visit; add multiple notes, multiple, sizable, pictures, schedule reminders, save web snippets and more. Customize it to emphasize the things you use the most and make more information accessible without occupying precious screen space. By using containers you can shrink and fold, linking containers to actual folders on disk, Launch Groups that allow you to start multiple programs at once, zooming in and out of shortcuts, different colors, different size pictures, picture containers and colored notes; SideSlide is designed to make a great deal of content instantly accessible.
SideSlide v3 introduces a huge variety of new features, functionality and fixes, so it's pretty much impossible to list it all here. Below are some of the new things among the hundreds of new features, changes and bug fixes. Be sure to experiment and explore!
* CHANGE: Confirmation is now required before applying style settings (size, color and weight) to multiple shortcuts from the Shortcut Properties dialog.
* CHANGE: You can now submit notes with up to 1500 characters to the online library.
* FIX: Dbl-clicking to shrink a container and right clicking to shrink an RSS container might have caused it to automatically re-expand (depending on location).
* FIX: Starting all shortcuts by dbl-clicking a container or via the right click menu was not working with system commands.
FIX: Global Hotkey wasn't working correctly.
* FIX: Undocking the workspace using the default method (keeping the mouse in the same position for half a second) was longer than half a second. Tip: You can always click to undock immediately or use the 'Undock without delay' option.
* FIX: 'Click to expand but auto-shrink' setting was not working properly.
* FIX: Color box in the Shortcut Properties dialog was not initialized properly and when multiple shortcuts were selected, the color was not changed after clicking OK.
* FIX: You can no longer draw containers that are larger than the active workspace.
* FIX: Attaching a detached container back to the workspace will always place it on top of other containers.
* FIX: Starting shortcuts using the keyboard didn't work as expected under all circumstances.
* FIX: Unable to use the Enter and Del keys on hidden shortcuts (hidden when using the container tag feature).
* FIX: Dragging shortcuts over containers didn't show the right error-tip for Folder Containers.
* FIX: Containers didn't unfold when dragging files from Explorer/other Folder Containers over the container label.
* FIX: Toggling the Command check box from the Shortcut Properties dialog will no longer affect multiple shortcuts.
* FIX: Failed to upload new containers to the library when items contained the & (ampersand) or % (percent) symbols.
* Other misc. changes and fixes.
* v3.0.00a5 - July, 25, 2008
* NEW: An easier way to set container icons (when containers are shrunk) - Right click a container shortcut and choose the new 'Use icon' menu command.
* CHANGE: Hide toolbar in the container right click menu works on multiple selected containers (unless the container is folded).
* CHANGE: Pasting shortcuts to non-folder container is now possible.
* CHANGE: Shortcuts are unselected when right clicking a container or the workspace to show the popup menu.
* CHANGE: Shortcut related commands moved to the shortcut right click menu from the global workspace Arrange menu.
* CHANGE: Various right click menus have been completely reorganized and should now make much more sense.
* FIX: The Container New menu will no longer appear when right clicking Folder Containers.
* FIX: Deleting files/folder from Folder Containers could have crashed the program.
* FIX: Pictures Replace command did not work properly.
* FIX: Moving pictures when there are no containers in the workspace could have caused the program to crash.
* FIX: The Unlock Workspace menu item in the container right click menu is now the first item even in Folder Containers menu.
* FIX: Right clicking a shrunk container and selecting to create a new URL could have positioned the URL shortcut beyond the container visible bounds.
* FIX: Adding invalid RSS feeds could have crashed the program.
* FIX: Menu command Unselect all didn't unselect containers properly.
* FIX: Some workspace paint issues have been fixed.
* FIX: Visual glitch when moving a detached container tab to the left side of the screen.
* FIX: Menu items Download Favicon, Open file location and Change to relative path were visible on non URL shortcuts.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.