Home › Downloads › Multimedia
iShowU for Mac 1.92.7
iShowU - software to capture and record video from your screen into a Quicktime movie, in realtime.
iShowU allows you to capture and record anything you can see on your screen, along with audio from any compatible source. They say a picture is worth a thousand words!
Ever been in the situation where you wanted to show someone what was going on, but couldn't? Either the person is not right next to you, not around, in another country ....
- User specified capture size * The user can easily specify the size of the video to be captured, using an intuitive 'see through' video preview. Just drag the corners around to specify the size, and hit enter.
- Fixed or follow mouse modes * Sometimes you'll want the capture rectangle (think of it as a movie camera that tracks your mouse) to follow the mouse, and other times, you'll want to capture just one area of the screen. iShowU can do both.
- User defined audio/video quality * While internet connections are getting faster, it's still going to take a while to transfer a 5GB movie to your Mum. iShowU compresses audio using AAC, and video using whatever method you think it appropriate (it defaults to H264). In addition, you can specify the quality of the video to your liking.
- Custom frame rates * When there's not much going on (i.e: you're not moving the mouse, just speaking) iShowU will capture at a lesser frame rate. When you start moving the mouse around (and the capture rectangle follow it) then it'll use a faster frame rate so that the motion looks smooth. Saves on bandwidth too!
- Simple * iShowU is designed specifically to be easy to use. If you don't want to customize anything, it'll work straight out of the tin. All you have to do is hit 'Record' and you'll have a nice little video on your desktop in no time.
- Added some common output sizes to the preset drop down (720p, 1080p).
- Added "quality" feedback for the video quality slider.
- For OS X 10.8.4+: 5-10% better recording performance.
- Initial testing under Mavericks DP3. Those of you with Retina MBP's - try H.264, I think you'll be surprised (can't say much, NDA).
- Added an option to drop late frames. It's enabled by default. Affects only OS X 10.7 and later.
- Added better instructions on enabling support for assistive devices, for both ML and Mavericks.
- Split out the 'advanced' options (iShowU HD Preferences) into their own tab.
- When assisting user enable "control this computer", iShowU now opens the Security & Privacy preference pane when running under Mavericks.
- Fixed crash when converting audio to mono with some USB headsets.
- Fixed bug where preview overlay should show too large on Retina machines.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: