SavageEd is a stand-alone freeware, opensourse notepad replacement project.
SavageEd is a freeware, opensourse notepad replacement project designed to offer smoother and faster operation with comparable or more features at a file size of 32k or less.
* Written in an x86 assembly language (HLA)
* No installation, uncompress and run
* Open large files limited by memory
* Optionally use menus to save settings/font choice in either system registry, or in a private initialization file.
* In-menu uninstall from registry (if installed by user).
* Improved find/replace dialog -quick find: double click to highlite word, Find Next (F3) to find next instance.
* Dual direction LOG files (append updates to 'end of file' or 'top of file'.
* Read Only mode
* replace with empty string now works
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.