Sign up for a new account or log in here:
Converts any text into spoken words or even MP3/WAVE audio files.
Converts any text into spoken words or MP3/WAVE audio files! 2nd Speech Center is an award-winning text-to-speech player that lets you listen to documents, e-mails or web pages instead of reading on screen. In addition to text, 2nd Speech Center also allows you to convert text to MP3 or WAVE files for listening later with your portable MP3 player. 2nd Speech Center can directly open Plain Text files (.txt), Microsoft Word files (.doc), PDF files (.pdf), EMail files (.eml), Rich Text files (.rtf), HTML files. For Microsoft Internet Explorer users, 2nd Speech Center supplies a handy toolbar plug-in for Internet Explorer. 2nd Speech Center supports dozens of male, female and robotic voices for over 11 languages. 2nd Speech Center can monitor the Windows Clipboard and automatically process its contents. This feature makes it easy to read web pages, e-mail messages, documents and much more. Additionally, 2nd Speech Center is integrated with many useful and timesaving features, such as talking alarm clock, talking reminder and powerful command lines for advanced users. And don't worry, the intuitive VCR style user interface is very easy to use.
2nd Speech Center Main Features:
• Open and read various file formats - 2nd Speech Center can open and read the Word, PDF, EMail, RTF and HTML files directly.
• Toolbar for Internet Explorer - Added a handy text-to-speech toolbar on your Internet Explorer.
• Multiple Output Modes - Output synthesized speech either to your speakers or to audio files. Choose between Wave and MP3 audio file formats.
• Support Multiple Languages - Including American English, British English, Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, etc.
• Control Tags - Control tags can be embedded in the source text to improve the prosody of text-to-speech translation.
• Configurable Clipboard Options - You decide how 2nd Speech Center behaves when your computer's clipboard changes.
• Pronunciation Corrections - This feature is useful when you want to change the spelling of words, or separating syllables, corrects a word's pronunciation.
• Ignore Characters - You can ignore special character set when reading. It's useful if your document contains many annoying characters.
• Alarm & Reminders - Just as an alarm clock, 2nd Speech Center can announce time to you every special interval depend on your settings. And 2nd Speech Center also maintains a reminders list to remind you of your important business.
• Configurable Global Hotkeys - 2nd Speech Center allows you to define your favorite global hotkeys to control 2nd Speech Center even in any running application. This feature is very useful for weak-eyed users.
• Optional MP3 Quality - The "Output Sample Frequencies" and "Output Bitrates" options allow you to make a choice between the quality and the size.
• Powerful Command Lines - As an advanced user, you can use the command lines of 2nd Speech Center to do you want to do.
+ Narrator for Vista supported.
! Indication for SAPI4 only control tags.
! Now the "Close to Tray" option is disabled by default.
! Several minor bugs fixed.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.