VueMinder is a full-featured calendar and reminder program for Windows. It supports multiple calendars displayed simultaneously in layers. These can be viewed and printed by day, week, or month. Events and tasks can be quickly defined using default calendar settings, and viewed in a list supporting customizable filters. Calendars or events can also be imported/exported to Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Automatic calendar synchronization with Outlook is also provided.
VueMinder provides many flexible reminder options including popup reminders, desktop alerts, and reminders that can be sent via email or SMS text messages, both to yourself and others. Popup reminders can optionally contain pictures, video, music, or web pages. Desktop alerts fade into view unobtrusively in the lower-right corner of the screen. These can be set to play a sound and, if desired, automatically snooze after a specified amount of time. Recently viewed or dismissed reminders are easily accessible and can be redisplayed with a single click.
VueMinder fully supports the iCalendar standard, allowing calendars to be easily shared and synchronized between computers or over the web, including secure servers using SSL. The same calendar can be both published and subscribed to a common location, allowing it to be shared by any number of people or computers. Reminder settings can also be shared, so anyone subscribing to your calendar can be reminded when and how you want.
VueMinder also provides a wide variety of print layouts and styles, covering everything from detailed daily event reports spanning multiple pages to an entire year's calendar on a single page. A dynamically updating print preview window allows you to instantly see what will be printed as the various printing options are modified.
- Improved performance. Most users should see a very noticeable performance improvement.
- Improved the start/end time fields so pressing the up or down keys on the keyboard will adjust the time.
- Improved editing of start and end times. When the start time is changed, the end time will update based on the currently specified duration.
- Corrected VueMinder to use the latest stable Google Calendar API, which might solve intermittent syncing problems some customers are having.
- Corrected selection of a starting timeslot for the Daily or Weekly print layouts, if the ending timeslot was set to midnight. For example, there was no way to specify a timeslot range of 9am to midnight.
- Corrected popup reminder sound playback. In some cases, sounds wouldn't play or would only play once instead of looping.
- Corrected playback of sounds on the popup reminder window. In some cases, especially when looping a very short sound file, the sound would continue to play after the reminder was dismissed or snoozed.
- Corrected editing recurrence events when the option to also edit all following events is selected and the start date is changed. The original series would sometimes not end before the start date of the new series.
- Corrected the "None" priority to have its name shown in the Priority List. Previously, the name would appear as blank.
- Corrected the Desktop Calendar to not allow its top edge to be moved off the screen, which makes it difficult to move later.
- Minor corrections and improvements.