Slow MP3 for Mac OS X
Audio player that helps you slow down, transcribe or transpose your music.
Slow MP3 is a free and Java based (therefore cross-platform) musician's music player.
Slow MP3 will allow you to slow down, transpose and/or transcribe your songs on the fly.
Need to learn a song in a different key from the original? No problem. Want to play a fast solo part over and over again, in half speed? Can do. Cannot identify a chord? Slow MP3 will show the notes to you.
- Space - play / pause
- Left arrow - rewind
- Down arrow - return to marker (loop start)
- Right arrow - fast forward
- Open a MP3 or WAV file from File | Open... or by dragging the file to the Slow MP3 window.
- Change playback position by clicking in the waveform display area.
- Set loops by holding mouse button and dragging in the waveform display area.
- Change tempo by using the Speed slider. Minimum setting is half the original tempo. Maximum setting is the original tempo.
- Change pitch by using the Transpose slider. The units are semitones.
- Sharp and Smooth settings change the quality of the pitch shift / time stretch algorithm. Sharp is good for percussive sounds, smooth is good for sustained sounds and bass.
- Transcribe feature shows the notes that are currently played in the music. Transcribing is off by default. You You can also use mouse wheel to change the playback position.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.