PeaZip for Linux 5.2.2
Cross-platform file and archive manager. Features volume spanning, compression, authenticated encryption.
PeaZip is a free file and archive manager, based on solid and proven Open Source technology of 7-Zip for handling mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (like FreeARC, PAQ, UPX...) for supporting additional file formats and features, in order to provide an all purpose zip utility featuring a powerful unified GUI that, unlike most of other classic file archivers like i.e. WinZip and WinRar, is natively portable and cross-platform.
PeaZip is mainly written in Free Pascal, using Lazarus. It is free software, released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Supports 7Z, 7-Zip sfx, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
Free cross platform, portable file compression utility and file manager.
- Supported systems: any Linux i386, any Linux x86_64 with ia-32 libs
- DEB packages are for: Debian, Ubuntu/Kubuntu, Knoppix, ...
- RPM packages are for: Fedora, Mandriva, SUSE, Red Hat, ArkLinux, ...
- TGZ packages are for Slackware based distibutions.
- Added preconfigured support for OneDrive path, when applicable
- Improved help system and updated documentation
- F1 points to translated tutorial (if available in selected language) featuring links to online resources and local help file
- Alt+F1 points to local help file (English, .pdf format)
- Shift+F1 points to online Support page, which features multilingual manuals, contacts etc
- Ctrl+F1 points to online FAQ page, which features question & answer type guide to common topics
- Existing language files were updated to include correct links to online resources and documentation
- Open with associated application: changed behavior, now open using standard system's file association, while doubleclick checks internal extended file association with uncommon formats with PeaZip before
- Standalone simplified GUI linked from main menu, Tools:
- PeaExtractor minimal GUI for extraction of single archives
- PeaUtils minimal GUI (new) for interactive use of file management features (hash, secure delete, etc)
- Various minor fixes and visual updates.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: