LimeWire allows you to search for multiple files at the same time, available in several different languages, and is most famous for its easeofuse and cross*platform compatibility.
LimeWire still has the following great features:
- Ease of use. Just install, run, and search.
- Ability to search by artist, title, genre, or other meta*information.
- Elegant multiple search tabbed interface.
- "Swarm" downloads from multiple hosts help you get files faster.
- Unique "ultrapeer" technology reduces bandwidth requirements for most users.
- Integrated chat.
- Browse host feature. Even works through firewalls.
- Added Bitzi metadata lookup.
- International versions: Now available in many new languages.
- Connects to the network using GWebCache, a distributed connection system.
- Automatic local network searches for lightning*fast downloads. If you're on a corporate or university network, download files from other users on the same network almost instantaneously!
- Support for MAGNET links that allow you to click on web page links that access Gnutella.
- Based on the latest beta, LimeWire 5.6
- Ask toolbar has been unbundled
- Dependencies on LimeWire LLC's servers have been removed
- Remote settings have been disabled
- All the features of LimeWire Pro have been switched on for free
- All adware, spyware, and advertising has been removed.
Software that can be used as an alternative to LimeWire Pirate Edition: