As featured in:
- Computer Tips & Tricks Everyone Should Know
- 10+ Tools for Finding and Deleting Duplicate Files on Windows
- Ways to Free Up Storage Space on Windows
Shows where all your disk space has gone and helps you clean it up.
On start up, it reads the whole directory tree once and then presents it in three useful views:
- The directory list, which resembles the tree view of the Windows Explorer but is sorted by file/subtree size,
- The treemap, which shows the whole contents of the directory tree straight away,
- The extension list, which serves as a legend and shows statistics about the file types.
The treemap represents each file as a colored rectangle, the area of which is proportional to the file's size. The rectangles are arranged in such a way, that directories again make up rectangles, which contain all their files and subdirectories. So their area is proportional to the size of the subtrees. The color of a rectangle indicates the type of the file, as shown in the extension list. The cushion shading additionally brings out the directory structure.
Software similar to WinDirStat 3
Xinorbis is a simple but powerful hard disk analyser.
Disk Usage Analyzer helps you organize your files and manage disk space by locating the largest files on your disk.
DiskSavvy is a disk space analyzer allowing one to analyze local disks, network shares and NAS storage devices.