WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. WinRAR automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- WinRAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- WinRAR is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web. Its 128 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- WinRAR is shareware, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- WinRAR licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.
- WinRAR gives you all future UPDATES for FREE!
RAR 5.01 archives can include an optional quick open information controlled with -qo[-|+] switch or "Quick open information" options group in archiving dialog. It allows to open the archive contents in WinRAR faster.
This version provides better update performance for archives containing both quick open information and service records, such as NTFS file security. Also default parameters of quick open information are optimized to achieve faster open time for such archives.
- "Find" command could fail when searching text string in .7z archives;
- when opening RAR 5.0 archive with encrypted file names stored in another such archive, WinRAR could issue an erroneous message that password is incorrect. It happened only if passwords to inner and outer archives were different. It did not affect extraction, all files could be unpacked regardless of this message;
- option "Use for all archives" in password dialog did not suppress additional password requests for RAR 5.0 archives with encrypted file names;
- WinRAR address bar did not process correctly environment variable based paths, such as %temp%;
- storing NTFS file security and alternate data streams did not work for file pathnames longer than 260 characters;
- "Test" command could erroneously report damaged data in valid recovery record if only a part of files in RAR 5.0 archive was tested. It did not happen if entire archive contents was tested;
- "Test" command erroneously reported errors when verifying RAR 4.x Unix symbolic links;
- WinRAR "View" command did not work for files inside of BZIP2 archives;
- if "High precision modification time" option in archiving dialog was turned off, WinRAR did not store the modification time at all instead of storing a lower precision time;
- destination paths containing .\ or ..\ component did not work when extracting non-RAR archives in WinRAR command line mode;
- WinRAR failed to unpack multivolume CAB archives.