WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. WinRAR automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- WinRAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- WinRAR is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web. Its 128 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- WinRAR is shareware, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- WinRAR licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.
- WinRAR gives you all future UPDATES for FREE!
- WinRAR can unpack TAR archives containing folders with pax extended headers. Previous versions failed to unpack them.
- "Keep broken files" extraction option is supported for 7-Zip archives.
- Bugs fixed:
- WinRAR 5.10 did not set "hidden", "read-only" and "system" file attributes when unpacking ZIP archives
- WinRAR 5.10 failed to update self-extracting RAR archives containing nested ZIP archives stored without compression
- ZIP archive created with "Do not store paths" option included unnecessary empty name records for folders
- archived files could have 1 hour modification time error in Windows XP
- deleting a file in RAR5 solid archive containing files stored with -ver switch caused such files to lose version information
- black rectangles were displayed instead of toolbar buttons in 16- and 24- bit screen color modes and Windows custom text size larger than 100%.