It's also integral to the intranet applications and other e-business solutions that are the foundation of corporate computing. Installing this update will ensure that your Java applications continue to run as safely and efficiently as always.
This download is for end users running Java on a desktop: JRE (Java Runtime Environment). This Covers most end-users needs. Contains everything required to run Java applications on your system.
If you are looking for previous Java versions here are the links to download:
This new major release contains several new features and enhancements that increase the performance of existing applications, make it easier to develop applications for modern platforms, and increase maintainability of code.
A Critical Patch Update (CPU) is a collection of patches for multiple security vulnerabilities. Critical Patch Update patches are usually cumulative, but each advisory describes only the security fixes added since the previous Critical Patch Update advisory. Thus, prior Critical Patch Update advisories should be reviewed for information regarding earlier published security fixes. Please refer to:
Critical Patch Updates and Security Alerts for information about Oracle Security Advisories.
Due to the threat posed by a successful attack, Oracle strongly recommends that customers apply CPU fixes as soon as possible. Until you apply the CPU fixes, it may be possible to reduce the risk of successful attack by blocking network protocols required by an attack. For attacks that require certain privileges or access to certain packages, removing the privileges or the ability to access the packages from users that do not need the privileges may help reduce the risk of successful attack. Both approaches may break application functionality, so Oracle strongly recommends that customers test changes on non-production systems. Neither approach should be considered a long-term solution as neither corrects the underlying problem.
This Critical Patch Update contains 144 new security fixes across the product families listed below:
- Oracle Database 11g Release 1, version 188.8.131.52
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2, versions 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
- Oracle Database 12c Release 1, version 18.104.22.168
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1, versions 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 2, versions 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c Release 2, version 12.1.2
- Oracle Containers for J2EE, version 10.1.3.5
- Oracle Enterprise Data Quality, versions 8.1, 9.0.8
- Oracle Forms and Reports 11g, Release 2, version 220.127.116.11
- Oracle GlassFish Server, version 2.1.1, Sun Java Application Server, versions 8.1, 8.2
- Oracle HTTP Server 11g, versions 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124
- Oracle HTTP Server 12c, version 12.1.2
- Oracle Identity Manager, versions 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
- Oracle Internet Directory, versions 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124
- Oracle iPlanet Web Proxy Server, version 4.0
- Oracle iPlanet Web Server, versions 6.1, 7.0
- Oracle Outside In Technology, versions 8.4.0, 8.4.1
- Oracle Portal, version 126.96.36.199
- Oracle Reports Developer, versions 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
- Oracle Traffic Director, versions 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124
- Oracle WebCenter Portal versions 126.96.36.199.0, 188.8.131.52.0, 184.108.40.206.0
- Oracle WebCenter Sites versions 220.127.116.11.1, 18.104.22.168.0
- Oracle Hyperion Essbase Administration Services, versions 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
- Oracle Hyperion Strategic Finance, versions 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, version 18.104.22.168
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12i, versions 12.0.6, 12.1.1, 12.1.2, 12.1.3
- Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management for Process, versions 6.0, 6.1, 6.1.1
- Oracle AutoVue, versions 20.1.1
- Oracle Demantra Demand Management, versions 22.214.171.124 SQL-Server, 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 12.2.0, 12.2.1, 12.2.2, 12.2.3
- Oracle Transportation Management, versions 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.3.1, 6.3.2
- Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS, versions 9.1.0, 9.2.0
- Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Human Resources, versions 9.1, 9.2
- Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise PeopleTools, versions 8.52, 8.53
- Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Services Procurement, version 9.2
- Oracle Siebel Core, versions 8.1.1, 8.2.2
- Oracle Siebel Life Sciences, versions 8.1.1, 8.2.2
- Oracle iLearning, version 6.0
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Private Banking, versions 1.7, 2.0, 2.0.1, 126.96.36.199, 3.0, 12.0.1, 12.0.2
- Oracle JavaFX, versions 2.2.45 and earlier
- Oracle Java JDK and JRE, versions 5.0u55 and earlier, 6u65 and earlier, 7u45 and earlier
- Oracle Java SE Embedded, versions 7u45 and earlier
- Oracle JRockit, versions R27.7.7 and earlier, R28.2.9 and earlier
- Oracle Solaris versions 8, 9, 10, 11.1
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop, versions 4.63.x, 4.71.x, 5.0.x, 5.10
- Oracle VM VirtualBox, versions prior to 3.2.20, 4.0.22, 4.1.30, 4.2.20, 4.3.6
- Oracle MySQL Enterprise Monitor, versions 2.3, 3.0
- Oracle MySQL Server, versions 5.1, 5.5, 5.6
This Critical Patch Update advisory is also available in an XML format that conforms to the Common Vulnerability Reporting Format (CVRF) version 1.1. More information about Oracle's use of CVRF is available here.
Note: After installing Java, restart your browser and verify Java has been installed correctly.