Java allows you to play online games, chat with people around the world, calculate your mortgage interest, and view images in 3D, just to name a few.
It's also integral to the intranet applications and other e-business solutions that are the foundation of corporate computing. Installing this update will ensure that your Java applications continue to run as safely and efficiently as always.
This update release contains the following enhancements:
- Additional Certified System Configurations
- Security Feature Enhancements
- The ability to disable any Java application from running in the browser. This mode can be set in the Java Control Panel or (on Microsoft Windows platform only) using a command-line install argument.
- The ability to select the desired level of security for unsigned applets, Java Web Start applications, and embedded JavaFX applications that run in a browser. Four levels of security are supported. This feature can be set in the Java Control Panel or (on Microsoft Windows platform only) using a command-line install argument.
- New dialogs to warn you when the JRE is insecure (either expired or below the security baseline) and needs to be updated.
Note: After installing Java, restart your browser and verify Java has been installed correctly.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.