Oracle recommends that the JDK is updated with each Critical Patch Update (CPU). In order to determine if a release is the latest, the following Security Baseline page can be used to determine which is the latest version for each release family.
Critical patch updates, which contain security vulnerability fixes, are announced one year in advance on Critical Patch Updates, Security Alerts and Bulletins. It is not recommended that this JDK (version 15.0.1) be used after the next critical patch update scheduled for January 19, 2021.
- The full version string for this update release is 15.0.1+9 (where "+" means "build"). The version number is 15.0.1.
IANA Data 2020a
- JDK 15.0.1 contains IANA time zone data version 2020a. For more information, refer to Timezone Data Versions in the JRE Software.
- Improve Certificate Chain Handling
- A new system property, jdk.tls.maxHandshakeMessageSize, has been added to set the maximum allowed size for the handshake message in TLS/DTLS handshaking. The default value of the system property is 32768 (32 kilobytes).
- A new system property, jdk.tls.maxCertificateChainLength, has been added to set the maximum allowed length of the certificate chain in TLS/DTLS handshaking. The default value of the system property is 10. JDK-8245417 (not public)
Added Property to Control LDAP Authentication Mechanisms Allowed to Authenticate Over Clear Connections
- A new environment property, jdk.jndi.ldap.mechsAllowedToSendCredentials, has been added to control which LDAP authentication mechanisms are allowed to send credentials over clear LDAP connections - a connection not secured with TLS. An encrypted LDAP connection is a connection opened by using ldaps scheme, or a connection opened by using ldap scheme and then upgraded to TLS with a STARTTLS extended operation.
- The value of the property, which is by default not set, is a comma separated list of the mechanism names that are permitted to authenticate over a clear connection. If a value is not specified for the property, then all mechanisms are allowed. If the specified value is an empty list, then no mechanisms are allowed (except for none and anonymous). The default value for this property is 'null' ( i.e. System.getProperty("jdk.jndi.ldap.mechsAllowedToSendCredentials") returns 'null'). To explicitly permit all mechanisms to authenticate over a clear connection, the property value can be set to "all". If a connection is downgraded from encrypted to clear, then only the mechanisms that are explicitly permitted are allowed.
- The property can be supplied to the LDAP context environment map, or set globally as a system property. When both are supplied, the environment map takes precedence.
Note: none and anonymous authentication mechanisms are exempted from these rules and are always allowed regardless of the property value.
Recent Java 15 news
Software similar to Java 15 3
Java allows you to play online games, chat with people around the world, calculate your mortgage interest, and view images in 3D, just to name a few. This new version is considered a Critical Patch Update.
Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE) lets you develop and deploy Java applications on desktops and servers. Java offers the rich user interface, performance, versatility, portability, and security that today's applications require.
The Java Platform lets you develop and deploy Java applications on desktops and servers, as well as in today's demanding embedded environments.