Unlike many other torrent clients, we take pride in saying NO to spyware and adware. Tixati installs and uninstalls cleanly and doesn't add anything extra to your system. Our software is fully self-contained and doesn't have annoying dependencies on Java or .Net frameworks.
Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol. This protocol allows many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
To start a download, you must first find a .torrent file. These files are very small, and contain meta-data describing a much larger file to be downloaded from other peers. There are millions of these .torrent files available on the internet, and on this page we will show you some easy ways to find them.
Once you've obtained a .torrent file, you can easily open it within the Tixati software by clicking the 'Add' button. After the .torrent file is opened, Tixati connects to other peers and starts downloading the file automatically. The downloaded files are left in a convenient 'Downloads' folder on your desktop.
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Easy and quick install - no java, no .net
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- UDP Peer Connections and NAT router hole-punching
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- No Spyware
- No Ads
This is a major upgrade with several important fixes and improvements.
All channels now have a fully decentralized forum that is available next to the Chat tab. Messages are organized into a threaded view, numerous layout options are available, and a full set of moderation controls allow the channel's operators to maintain their forum. Private messages between users can also be posted and are encrypted against the recipient's public key.
Other aspects of channel operation have been greatly improved as well. Shared user data, such as links, text, and forum messages, are now automatically segmented with a much more intelligent algorithm, which minimizes the bandwidth used to propagate changes when a small amount of content is added to a large shared collection. We have also spent a lot of time and effort working on the channel connection to connection protocol so that synchronization of user data is much more reliable and efficient.
There have also been numerous improvements throughout the core framework that underpins the entire program. We have made several fixes and improvements to our cross-platform native GUI toolkit, and have also made performance-critical optimizations in some of the core string-processing and encoding routines that are relied upon throughout the app.
More improvements are on the way.
- significantly faster DHT search speed
- vastly better protection against DoS and Clone/Flood attacks
- new incoming transaction soft ratelimiting system, to keep overall DHT traffic low under severe network conditions
- better cross-table high network concentration detection heuristics
- IPv4/6 cross-protocol bootstrapping improvements, better compatibility with Teredo systems
- overhauled PEX (peer exchange) caching system
- increased maximum metadata size to accommodate extremely large torrents
- sparse file allocation is now the default method on filesystems that support it
- loosened file last-modified time matching rules (in an attempt to stop some reported problems with NAS units)
- eliminated a pause after clicking the Add button in some XP systems
- failing tracker will not fallback to unannounced mode while transfer is in running mode
- minor tracker protocol compatibility adjustments
- no downloading while checking during initialization phase
- fixed a crash in the preload window when Apply To All is checked and Skip Queue is selected
- overhauled connection certificate caching system for more reliable connections
- using alternate threading strategy for channel stream piece decoding (eliminates a Win7-only handle leak caused by a faulty 3rd party POSIX threading library)
- stream titles show in chat via /streamtitles option
- option to randomize selected stream playlist items
- short duration ts/mp3 files are streamed more smoothly
- fixed several other minor bugs with stream title passthrough to media player
- version column in connections view
- channel-list search IP concentration limits loosened
- several minor protocol tweaks
- channel search function minor fixes
- fixed problems with POSIX threading library on Win7 platforms (handle leak)
- fixed problems with system suspend/resume on Win7 platforms
- improved SSDP and SLRD local peer discovery port-bind error handling
- minor UPC protocol adjustments
- minor fixes in UPC socket diagnostic charts
- Linux system suspend inhibition is now more reliable
- fixed minor problems in XP systems with saving config files in too large of chunks
- better handling of URLs containing # symbol (in RSS and other places HTTP is used)
- updated IP-Country database
- eliminate usage of file last-modified times to trigger checking (will instead keep block/file level hashes and use dynamic checking)
- overhaul of transfer multi-file management logic
- further investigation of some Win8 kernel panic problems (we did not observe problems on any of our Win8 systems, and are still trying to track this down)
- replacement of the .torrent auto-load system with something more reliable than the Windows file change notification API
- RSS auto-load / auto-start problems (this has also been difficult to recreate on our systems)
- a report of a Scheduler freezing problem
- overall framework upgrade to a leaner C++11 based system
Apps similar to Tixati 3
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent.
Resurrected version of the P2P application let's you search and share files through the Gnutella network.
Whether it's video from the Internet Archive, music from Creative Commons, or audiobooks from Librivox, you can play it right away. You don't have to wait for it to finish downloading. Also stream videos to AirPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA