Unlike many other torrent clients, we take pride in saying NO to spyware and adware. Tixati installs and uninstalls cleanly and doesn't add anything extra to your system. Our software is fully self-contained and doesn't have annoying dependencies on Java or .Net frameworks.
Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol. This protocol allows many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
To start a download, you must first find a .torrent file. These files are very small, and contain meta-data describing a much larger file to be downloaded from other peers. There are millions of these .torrent files available on the internet, and on this page we will show you some easy ways to find them.
Once you've obtained a .torrent file, you can easily open it within the Tixati software by clicking the 'Add' button. After the .torrent file is opened, Tixati connects to other peers and starts downloading the file automatically. The downloaded files are left in a convenient 'Downloads' folder on your desktop.
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Easy and quick install - no java, no .net
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- UDP Peer Connections and NAT router hole-punching
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- No Spyware
- No Ads
The new version features many important optimizations and fixes throughout the program, as well as vastly improved media streaming within channels via a new outgoing playlist interface and .mp3/.ts file support.
- extremely large transfers containing up to 50,000 individual files can be processed smoothly
- transfers with very high piece counts (hundreds of thousands) are fully functional
- extended meta-info size limits and improved meta-info download and upload algorithms
- DHT IPv6 query rate-limiting is now much more accurate, compensates for wide 6to4 ranges
- better overall DHT flood-protection heuristics to prevent wasting outgoing bandwidth
- piece selection algorithm now compensates for de-selected files on remote peers
- more permissive magnet link processing that tolerates encoding errors and bad attributes
- new transfer filename processing handles overly-long names much better, avoids creating duplicates
- improved peer connection/disconnection algorithms, shorter early retry delays under high demand
- seeding ratio/count stop is now delayed until any active move/alloc/checking completes
- better shell file and link association control
- main bandwidth graphs now display channel traffic in a different color
- chat views can now have their font changed separately (Settings> User Interface > Fonts)
- freshly gathered channels are displayed in a distinct color
- incoming private messages show the time received in the window caption and text tooltip
- outgoing channel streams can be created from a .ts or .mp3 file (create a channel and type /streamout)
- full-featured playlist interface for outgoing streaming that can be used to create a regular schedule
- outgoing stream hashing is now 5x faster on 64-bit Windows machines, matching Linux performance
- outgoing stream file hashing can be pre-cached, greatly reducing CPU requirements to originate streams
- more intelligent connection rotation algorithms that better account for channel streams
- channel permission issuance has much longer time to live, easing maintenance on large channels
- better stream playback scheduling to smooth out hiccups on some older media players
- further RSS compatibility fixes to support feeds that are severly broken or misconfigured
- IP-Location tables have been updated from all five regional registries, up to 2012-08-09
- numerous optimizations have been done in the GUI, greatly reducing flicker and CPU usage
- many other minor fixes and improvements have been made throughout the program
Further improvements are in the works and will appear in upcoming versions.