Stardock Start8 lets you return the Start Button to Windows 8. Microsoft Windows 8 is shipped without the “Start” menu. Start8 brings back Windows 7-style Start menu with Windows 8 enhancements. Also you can view and launch installed applications (including Modern apps), All Programs menu. Start8 includes support for “jump lists”/recent documents for recently accessed programs (Devices, Documents, Music, Videos, Photos, Computer, and more).
Pin favorite desktop and Metro apps shortcuts directly to the start menu for easy access. Start8 adds searchable Windows 8-style (Modern UI) Start menu options for Windows desktop applications, Modern applications, and documents. It allows automatically load directly to your Windows desktop on login (vs the start screen). In addition, you can also easily shutdown your PC without needing to access another menus.
- Windows 7-style Start menu with Windows 8 enhancements
- Pin desktop and Modern UI apps
- Jump list support
- Unified Search for Apps, Settings and Files
- Boot directly to the Windows 8 desktop
- Automatically matches the color of the taskbar
- Skinnable Start button
- Windows 8 Start screen accessible from the Start Menu
- Optionally disable the Windows 8 desktop “hot spots”
- Adds option for WinKey to show full screen metro desktop
- Group Policy support
- Configurable Start menu size
- Windows 8 Start screen accessible from the Start menu
- Clean, streamlined UI enhances Start8′s usability
- Optionally disable the desktop Windows 8 “hot spots”
- Supports WindowFX 5.1 start menu animations (currently in beta)
- Choose a custom Start button skin and color
- Added support for sleep function on Surface 3 and similar devices.
- Added option to access a list of modern UI applications from the Start8 Start menu
Apps similar to Stardock Start8 10
StartIsBack returns Windows 8 a real fully featured start menu and start button, behaving exactly like the ones in Windows 7.
Somebody removed it, we bring it back: a Windows 8 start button + start menu.
- Windows 8
Classic Shell is a collection of features that were available in older versions of Windows but were later removed.