Stardock Start8 1.3.1
The Windows 8 Consumer Preview is available and has taken the Windows interface to a whole new level. Unfortunately, the preview did not come with a desktop feature that the world makes use of billions times a day, the “Start” menu. Luckily, we have a solution.
This product is free and is available now.
- Adds a “Start” menu to the Windows 8 taskbar
- Enables quick access and searching of your installed applications
- Adds Run... option via right-click menu
- Adds Shutdown... option via right-click menu
- Choose a custom Start button image
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview
- Updated for Windows 8.1 Preview build compatibility
- Start8 allows customizing the Start button image AND provides a desktop Start menu
- Added new prompt on first run to select a default button image. Upgrade installs will not see this prompt.
- When running on Windows 8.1 Preview, respect the OS configuration for "boot to desktop"
- When used with Stardock WindowBlinds, you can also override the Start button in use with the WB setting for "always use the OS" button
- Options for showing the Windows 8.1 Start screen in other than full-screen mode are disabled in this version of Start8
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.