As featured in:
- Rundown of Must-Have Portable Apps
- Essential Apps You Should Install on a New PC Running Windows or macOS
Google Chrome is a fast, simple, and secure web browser, built for the modern web. If you're just getting started with Chrome or want to improve it, we recommend checking out our Chrome optimization guide.
Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
The Chrome team is delighted to announce the promotion of Chrome 83 to the stable channel for Windows, Mac and Linux. This will roll out over the coming days/weeks.
Chrome 83.0.4103.61 contains a number of fixes and improvements -- a list of changes is available in the log. Watch out for upcoming Chrome and Chromium blog posts about new features and big efforts delivered in 83
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 38 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Pagefor more information.
- [$20000] High CVE-2020-6465: Use after free in reader mode. Reported by Woojin Oh(@pwn_expoit) of STEALIEN on 2020-04-21
- [$15000] High CVE-2020-6466: Use after free in media. Reported by Zhe Jin from cdsrc of Qihoo 360 on 2020-04-26
- [$7500] High CVE-2020-6467: Use after free in WebRTC. Reported by ZhanJia Song on 2020-04-06
- [$7500] High CVE-2020-6468: Type Confusion in V8. Reported by Chris Salls and Jake Corina of Seaside Security, Chani Jindal of Shellphish on 2020-04-30
- [$5000] High CVE-2020-6469: Insufficient policy enforcement in developer tools. Reported by David Erceg on 2020-04-02
- [$5000] Medium CVE-2020-6470: Insufficient validation of untrusted input in clipboard. Reported by Michał Bentkowski of Securitum on 2020-03-30
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2020-6471: Insufficient policy enforcement in developer tools. Reported by David Erceg on 2020-03-08
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2020-6472: Insufficient policy enforcement in developer tools. Reported by David Erceg on 2020-03-25
- [$2000] Medium CVE-2020-6473: Insufficient policy enforcement in Blink. Reported by Soroush Karami and Panagiotis Ilia on 2020-02-06
- [$2000] Medium CVE-2020-6474: Use after free in Blink. Reported by Zhe Jin from cdsrc of Qihoo 360 on 2020-03-07
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2020-6475: Incorrect security UI in full screen. Reported by Khalil Zhani on 2019-10-31
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2020-6476: Insufficient policy enforcement in tab strip. Reported by Alexandre Le Borgne on 2019-12-18
- [$500] Medium CVE-2020-6477: Inappropriate implementation in installer. Reported by RACK911 Labs on 2019-03-26
- [$500] Medium CVE-2020-6478: Inappropriate implementation in full screen. Reported by Khalil Zhani on 2019-12-24
- [$500] Medium CVE-2020-6479: Inappropriate implementation in sharing. Reported by Zhong Zhaochen of andsecurity.cn on 2020-01-14
- [$500] Medium CVE-2020-6480: Insufficient policy enforcement in enterprise. Reported by Marvin Witt on 2020-02-21
- [$500] Medium CVE-2020-6481: Insufficient policy enforcement in URL formatting. Reported by Rayyan Bijoora on 2020-04-07
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2020-6482: Insufficient policy enforcement in developer tools. Reported by Abdulrahman Alqabandi (@qab) on 2017-12-17
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2020-6483: Insufficient policy enforcement in payments. Reported by Jun Kokatsu, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2019-05-23
- [$N/A] Medium CVE-2020-6484: Insufficient data validation in ChromeDriver. Reported by Artem Zinenko on 2020-01-26
- [$N/A] Medium CVE-2020-6485: Insufficient data validation in media router. Reported by Sergei Glazunov of Google Project Zero on 2020-01-30
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2020-6486: Insufficient policy enforcement in navigations. Reported by David Erceg on 2020-02-24
- [$500] Low CVE-2020-6487: Insufficient policy enforcement in downloads. Reported by Jun Kokatsu (@shhnjk) on 2015-10-06
- [$500] Low CVE-2020-6488: Insufficient policy enforcement in downloads. Reported by David Erceg on 2020-01-21
- [$500] Low CVE-2020-6489: Inappropriate implementation in developer tools. Reported by @lovasoa (Ophir LOJKINE) on 2020-02-10
- [$TBD] Low CVE-2020-6490: Insufficient data validation in loader. Reported by Twitter on 2019-12-19
- [$N/A] Low CVE-2020-6491: Incorrect security UI in site information. Reported by Sultan Haikal M.A on 2020-02-07
We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes:
-  Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives
Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer, UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, Control Flow Integrity, libFuzzer, or AFL.
Recent Google Chrome for Linux news
Software similar to Google Chrome for Linux 4
Experience cutting edge features but with more stability.
Google Chrome runs web pages and applications with lightning speed.
This version is intended for only for developers and early testers.