It has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main categories:
- Library Management
- E-book conversion
- Syncing to e-book reader devices
- Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
- Comprehensive e-book viewer
- Content server for online access to your book collection
- A simplified calibre logo
- Edit Book: Allow restricting a search to the files currently open for editing
- Driver for the PocketBook Touch HD
- Kobo driver: Add support for firmware version 3.20
- DOCX Input: Fix right-to-left alignment not working for footnotes.
- Sending email: Allow setting up a mail relay that uses encryption without a username and password.
- Linux: Fix calibre not working when the username is non-ASCII.
- DOCX Output: Ignore invalid text-indent values in the input document instead of erroring out.
- Portable Installer: Auto-create the installation folder specified on the command line if it does not exist
- Kobo driver: Fix the ignore collections in option not working
- More user interface fixes for high DPI screens
- DOCX Input: Fix a regression in the previous release that could cause invalid values to be output for the text-align CSS property
Software that can be used as an alternative to Calibre: