It has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main categories:
- Library Management
- E-book conversion
- Syncing to e-book reader devices
- Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
- Comprehensive e-book viewer
- Content server for online access to your book collection
- Edit book: Add a tool to check spellings, access it via Tools->Check spelling
- Kobo driver: Support firmware version 3.3
- Device driver for Tolino Vision on windows
- Amazon metadata download: Fix Editorial Reviews not downloading into the comments section for some books
- DOCX Input: Fix some text highlighting colors in the DOCX file not being correctly translated during conversion.
- Wireless device driver: Fix incorrect syncing behavior when book matching is run for a second time while connected. This happens when the user changes the library or selects 'Update cached metadata on device'.
- Searching: Fix searching by date not using the system locale to interpret dd/mm vs mm/dd dates on windows
Software that can be used as an alternative to Calibre: