calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books.
It has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main categories:
- Library Management
- E-book conversion
- Syncing to e-book reader devices
- Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
- Comprehensive e-book viewer
- Content server for online access to your book collection
- Temporary marking of books in the library
- Get Books: Add Wolne Lektury and Amazon (Canada) ebook stores
- DOCX Input: Handle hyperlinks in footnotes and endnotes
- Driver for Sunstech reader
- Allow using both uri: and url: identifiers to create two different arbitrary links instead of just one in the Book details panel
- E-book viewer: Make all keyboard shortcuts configurable
- Conversion: Add an option to not condense CSS rules for margin, padding, border, etc. Option is under the Look & Feel section of the conversion dialog.
- calibredb: Allow setting of title sort field
- ebook-meta: Add an --identifier option to set identifiers.
- Fix a locking error when composite columns containing formats are used and formats are added/deleted.
- EPUB Output: Do not strip
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.