It has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main categories:
- Library Management
- E-book conversion
- Syncing to e-book reader devices
- Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
- Comprehensive e-book viewer
- Content server for online access to your book collection
- Allow creation of rules to convert arbitrary identifiers into clickable links in the book details panel (Prefrences->Look & Feel->Book details)
- Tag mapper: A new rule type 'split' allows you to easily split tags on a character
- Make the shutting down message an overlay so it is less disruptive
- Allow right clicking on Virtual Library tabs to edit/delete the virtual library.
- Tag mapper: Add a button to edit the list of tags in a tag mapper rule using the tag editor dialog.
- Conversion: Fix the obsolete HTML align=center markup (produced by Microsoft Word) not working for tables.
- Font subsetting: When font-variant: small-caps is used include the capital letters as well, in case either the font or the renderer do not support OpenType smcp.
- Font subsetting: Implement support for text-transform.
- Fix the target book entry in the book list not being refreshed after merging books. Only matters if you have a column based on book formats.
- E-book viewer: Fix a link that has some text along with a superscript/subscript being incorrectly detected as a footnote link
- Fix device detection on windows failing if the registry entries for the device contain a very long item.
- Edit Book: Fix an extra colon being added when setting the 'notes' semantic
- Ensure that author folder names are never windows reserved names
- E-book viewer: When displaying an EPUB 3 document that uses epub:switch to provide a fallback for MathML content, prevent both the MathML and fallback from being shown together.
- PDF Output: When displaying an EPUB 3 document that uses epub:switch to provide a fallback for MathML content, prevent both the MathML and fallback from being rendered together.
- Fix exception in custom column preferences when the column lookup key is changed
- Catalog generation: Do not crash is a book in the library has no uuid.
Software that can be used as an alternative to Calibre: