Mozilla Sunbird 0.8
The Sunbird Project is a redesign of the Mozilla Calendar component.
Our goal is to produce a cross platform standalone calendar application based on Mozilla's XUL user interface language. At the moment the Sunbird name is a project name. It is not official and may change in the future.
Mozilla Sunbird 0.3 is the latest release of our standalone calendar application. We recommend that all users upgrade to this latest version.
* It is now much easier to switch between the mail and calendar parts of Thunderbird thanks to a user interface redesign
* A redesigned event/task dialog has been enabled to gather feedback from the community. It offers a much cleaner user interface and additional functionality including:
o Events/Tasks can be created in different timezones
o Attendees can be added from a local or corporate LDAP directory
o Free-Busy information is available for users of the Sun Java Calendar Server
o Integrated display of recurrence patterns, reminders and attendees
o Custom recurrences and reminders
o Clear separation between tasks and events
* The new event summary dialog lists all the details of tasks and events for calendar which are read-only
* The Today Pane gives a quick overview over your current tasks and upcoming events. The Today Pane can be enabled/disabled by a toolbar button
* Colliding events (events in the same time slot) are shrunk so that they fit into the display of a day. This no longer affects other events on the same day
* Localized releases of Lightning and Sunbird in Chinese (simplified), Georgian, Lithuanian, Portuguese (European), Spanish (Argentina) and Turkish
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: